+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Audio Note Push Pull and Tannoys

I'm Richie.

do tannoys respond differently to ss single ended amps, when compared to SE valve amps?

I'm Chris.

Yes, valve amps are better with high impedance speakers typically over 10 ohms, whereas solid state have better overall specifications,
    and suit speakers 10 ohms or less, if we draw a line in the sand at 10 ohms http://education.lenardaudio.com/en/...ve_amps_7.html

Presently almost every amplifier is specified into a resistance load - not a loudspeaker. Current drive is the direction needed in amplifiers
    to then match to loudspeakers. https://www.current-drive.info/

I'm Adrian.

I used to drive a pair of Tannoy Legacy Ardens with my Allnic T1500 mk2, rated at approximately 13w/channel, this one is designed for 4 or 8 ohm with a switch to select which. It used to drive them very well with little problem and loads of grunt.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123