+ Reply to Thread

Thread: B&W DM2 super tweeter

I'm Ras.

Default B&W DM2 super tweeter

I bough old DM2 speakers and without any dismantling right now I have some questions.
    What super tweeter it is?
    Can we actually hear super tweeter?
    If super tweeter doesn’t work, how it would influence whole speaker in music reproduction?
    If super tweeter is faulty, is there some solution to remove it and adjust crossover without using replacement?
    Is safe to check the supertweeter resistance by multimeter?

I have the speakers 2 days now, I can not say they sound dull, maybe there is too much energy in the tweeter though. And I can not hear anything from supertweeter too.
    They were not used for some time, so I think they will need some more time for capacitors in crossover to reform, or simply they start to sound as intended.
    Maybe some capacitors are out of specs, but to replace them.. well I started to be worry, whether polypropylene ones will be the beat solution, or to use good electrolytics replacements.
    So actually many questions altogether.

Despite of a few other people experiences with these speakers, these ones don’t sound full, bass is a bit limited in extension, there is no such full bodied sound coming out of them as I would wish due to their design. But they are slowly improving, so I will keep them on a few more days as they are.
    Also they need quite strong power to control them, not extremely easy to drive.
    So far, they sound a bit thin, especially on lower volumes, they need to be pushed harder to sing a bit, and they don’t have laidback signature, for now.

Thanks for the inputs.F2D4C45A-8352-4A99-AEE3-365C289D1D39.jpgF2D4C45A-8352-4A99-AEE3-365C289D1D39.jpg

I'm Dennis.

There was recently a discussion on this, on DM3s I believe.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The last few pages of this thread on B&W DM2a speakers: https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...highlight=DM2a, might be of interest.
    Barry

I'm Ras.

Thank you guys, will follow the link, appreciated 🙂

+ Reply to Thread