+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Downloading mp3 from video

I'm Colin.

Default Downloading mp3 from video

Not sure if this has been covered anywhere before but I have looked up how to download mp3 s from the internet from music videos , predominantly youtube. I have not had much success with the solution commonly proposed however tried a test using Airy which worked very well, straight forward,. So the question is are there other solutions out there or a way to do it direc5 from the video?

Colin

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered anywhere before but I have looked up how to download mp3 s from the internet from music videos , predominantly youtube. I have not had much success with the solution commonly proposed however tried a test using Airy which worked very well, straight forward,. So the question is are there other solutions out there or a way to do it direc5 from the video?

Colin
    Hi Colin
    Video files may use a .vob file for storing audio. quite a few methods can be researched for extracting the audio by looking up in Linux Mint Software manager, as example http://gopchop.sourceforge.net

Video particularly on You tube will be subject to many proprietary restrictions. The ethos of free software would allow you to use the parts of the file for your own use, but disseminating a proprietary file
    presuming its going to be mp3 , just wont happen. MP3 is a expired proprietary file type, parts of it though are still subject to restriction, and parts of it can be used, but its history shows it was not
    designed as free software, whereas Ogg and Flac are very close to free software definitions.

You can though embrace, and use free software, to properly question why proprietary software exists at all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJi2rkHiNqg

I'm Colin.

Thanks Chris has a look at both links . Liked the video on free software, still being a bit of an anarchist. I think the product I used is very good,Airy, and it simply downloads the musicians in a selection of files. I say mps because this will be used in a cars system that only recognises mp3 . However Airy does allow other options. There is a means of selecting the “share option” within youtube but I haven’t mastered it yet.

I'm Pete.

I use a program called YTD (freeyoutubedownloader) this converts each song into mp3 upto 320kbp

I'm Colin.

Thanks Pete I will check it out

+ Reply to Thread