+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings from South Africa

I'm Marius.

Default Greetings from South Africa

Hi to all,
    I discovered the AoS forum while searching for some audio related information. I live 60 miles south of Johannesburg and had been involved in music and audio for a long time.
    I listen to all genres of music, but prefer classical, jazz, rock and pop.
    I've built up many good sounding systems over the years, and also started to hoard many pieces of equipment that I particularly liked. I have a couple of listening rooms, including a home theatre.

My main reference system consist of:
    SME 30 turntable with SME V arm and Dynavector DRT XV-1t cartridge, using a Furutech Silver Arrows III balanced phono cable.
    Studer A810 and Otari MX-55T-M tape machines.
    DcS Vivaldi DAC and Network Bridge, plus clock and SACD player for digital front end.
    Aesthetix OI Eclipse 3 box phonostage with line inputs or Halcro DM 10 solid state pre
    Gryphon Antileon EVO power amp or Halcro DM-88 mono blocks, with VTL Siegfried 400 on standby, should I feel like listening to a valve power amp.
    Vivid Audio Giya G1 loudspeakers.
    VandenHul Supernova speaker cable, Gryphon VIP Reference XLR interconnects to pre and power amps, Kimber Select KS 2120 and Crystal Reference on the digital side.
    Dedicated power with mostly Furutech NanoFlux NCF power cables, Furutech NCF boosters (x14)
    Thixar Silence plus isolation platforms, Sound Structures equipment racks
    Listening room 22x17x10 ft, lightly treated

Second room:
    DcS Scarlatti 4 box front end, Audio Research Ref 5 pre, Manley Reference 500 mono blocks or Perreaux P750 mono blocks, Revel Ultima Salon 2 speakers, Furutech NanoFlux speaker cables, mostly Kimber Select, Crystal and Cardas Clear beyond interconnects.

Third surround room:
    Mark Levinson No 30.6, 31.5, 32, 40, 432, 436, 51, Jeff Rowland Model 9, Krell SACD Standard, Oppo 105D, Revel Ultima Studio 1, Voice and Embraces, with Kimber Select and Straight Wire cabling.

Other smaller systems consisting of B&W, Evolution Acoustics, Krell, Mark Levinson, Marantz and others.

I've been in the privileged position to listen to and evaluate many other excellent brands.

I am already feeling welcome and can hopefully contribute.

I'm Pete.

Hiya Marius

Welcome to AOS. Sounds like you have some stunning kit.
    Regards
    Pete

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Marius,

Yes indeed, you have some stunning kit there - I'm quite envious!

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread