+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oh Dear!

I'm Craig.

Default Oh Dear!

Recently spotted a woman selling some speaker stands, she’d photographed them upside down, meaning they were rather unstable, and described the spikes, as being what the loudspeakers balanced on.

When I politely pointed out that they were upside down, as well as what the spikes are meant for, she replied that she wondered why they were top heavy and kept falling over....hmmm! 🤔
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Brian.

Well at least she didn't tell you to do one Craig
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Well at least she didn't tell you to do one Craig
    And why would she?
    She was very grateful for my input. ��
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    And why would she?
    She was very grateful for my input. ��
    I bet the speakers were grateful too. Was she also selling the speakers? (One careful owner, several bashed corners, and some nasty looking holes in the cabinets)
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

Never seen anything like that, however i did see a guy advertise a Project RPM6 on ebay for £900, i'd just bout my RPM6 SB which was the upgraded model with electronic speed controller and a Dynavector 10x5 cart for £500, i sent him i very polite message explaining to him that he was in fact asking a bit much and in reality it was worth no more than £600 and that i'd just paid £500 for my newer model with a decent cart, he sent me an email back telling me that i didn't know what i was talking about and his was the original "better" version and that the SB model was an inferior model with cheaper parts, there's no helping some people and the fact is that he would tell the unsuspecting buyer the same thing, i don't think it ever sold, some people are muppets plain and simple.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm John.

I encountered a right Muppet in late 2016 on a visit to a car boot in Chichester.
    I was at a stall thumbing through a couple of record boxes when my eyes caught a rather scabby Lo-fi Jap separates TT. the stallholder noticed my glance and said " it work love, we even put a new needle on it, 0nly £25". Nah say I and carry on looking through the records, she then says " how about £20 and you can have a free record to go with it." Yeah go on then, (I was gonna buy it at £25 as Id noticed what her 'New Needle' was.
    I promptly handed over my money before she changed her mind, then proceeded to rip the very basic plastic arm of the deck. I then pulled a multi-tool out, removed the 'Needle' and popped it in the top pocket of my shirt, the stallholder with a rather bemused look said "What the hell did you do that for?" Too which I replied, that deck is a complete and utter pile of shite! However your new needle (pulling it out of my pocket and showing her) is infact a £549 Hana SL, thankyou very much" I then walked off whilst she stood there with her mouth open obviously quite shocked.

I think £20 for a Hana SL was a stone cold bargain, so much so I didnt bother with the free LP I'd been offered as part of the deal..

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    I encountered a right Muppet in late 2016 on a visit to a car boot in Chichester.
    I was at a stall thumbing through a couple of record boxes when my eyes caught a rather scabby Lo-fi Jap separates TT. the stallholder noticed my glance and said " it work love, we even put a new needle on it, 0nly £25". Nah say I and carry on looking through the records, she then says " how about £20 and you can have a free record to go with it." Yeah go on then, (I was gonna buy it at £25 as Id noticed what her 'New Needle' was.
    I promptly handed over my money before she changed her mind, then proceeded to rip the very basic plastic arm of the deck. I then pulled a multi-tool out, removed the 'Needle' and popped it in the top pocket of my shirt, the stallholder with a rather bemused look said "What the hell did you do that for?" Too which I replied, that deck is a complete and utter pile of shite! However your new needle (pulling it out of my pocket and showing her) is infact a £549 Hana SL, thankyou very much" I then walked off whilst she stood there with her mouth open obviously quite shocked.

I think £20 for a Hana SL was a stone cold bargain, so much so I didnt bother with the free LP I'd been offered as part of the deal..
    Yet the puzzle remains, what was a £500 cart doing on a cheapo TT!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Few years back I bought an impossibly rare techno 12" from an Ebay seller, it cost me about £100, the condition was lovely too, or would have been if the seller had packaged it properly. For he sent it in a plain old paper envelope, I kid you not. Amazingly it only turned up cracked, rather than smashed to pieces, the seller then wondered what all the fuss was about, 'its only cracked, it still plays'!!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Yet the puzzle remains, what was a £500 cart doing on a cheapo TT!
    From the rest of the tat on and around the, table I'm guessing they did house clearance. So, may a, clueless relative shoved it in a box and an equally clueless individual stuck it on the tt to increase its saleability? Who knows, I'm just glad I was, in, the right place with the right knowledge at the right time.

+ Reply to Thread