+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Virgin Ultimate 'Oomph' Bundle

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yes, but I was replying to Pigsy, not Granty...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    lol.. deflowering, and pricking seemed apt... although you spelt it wrong
    Aye, but ah wisnae talkin' tae you

Typo now fixed

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Aye, but ah wisnae talkin' tae you

Typo now fixed

Marco.
    THOUGHT I WAS GETTIN' LEFT OOT
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'd never abandon you, baby

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Phil.

very impressed by speed of Virgins service recently , ordered new system [100mps basic ] on a friday and fitted by engineer 4 days later in the middle of the covid happenings . brilliant
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

Yup, Phil, same here. I received a call out of the blue yesterday around 1pm, from customer services at Virgin, initially just asking if I was satisfied with the service I was receiving, and if not what issues I've had, after which she went onto offer me the package I've now signed up for, outlining the benefits I'd receive, as well as the small increased monthly costs.

The conversation lasted for less than 15 mins. after which I agreed to the new deal. I subsequently received various confirmation emails from Virgin customer services, thanking me for my input and business, and outlining exactly what had been discussed, what I'd signed up for and my new contract, etc.

I was told that the new upgrades would take effect within 24 hours, and at around 1.30am this morning (I was up watching a film), I lost Internet connection for around 3 mins, presuming that the downtime was to allow Virgin to action the upgrades. Therefore once I was back online, I carried out a Speedtest and obtained the superb results I've since posted a screenshot of, and checked to see whether the extra promised channels were available, which they were

Then I received a further email this morning, just after 9am, confirming that everything was successfully set up and ready to use, so I can't fault them. Therefore if anyone else here who uses Virgin is eligible for this upgrade, I'd thoroughly recommend it!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Is virgin in your area yet, for suitable 'de-flowering'?

Marco.
    No it isn't - I wasn't bothered about that as such, but for us the real disadvantage was that Sky had no competition, so negotiating a better deal was always going to be harder. Now there is Netflix, Amazon Prime (and probably others), their 'monopoly' is gone and Anita was able to sort out a good deal with the old Sky Q.

The one thing that really seals the deal with me is Sky Atlantic, can't be without that.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Lol - the only thing we used to watch on Sky Atlantic was the Sopranos!

What's your fav programmes on there, then?

Yup, Sky were also reluctant to lose our business, to the point where they matched Virgin's deal, price wise (dropping over £60 per month on their normal price), but what they couldn't do was match the Broadband speed - which was the deal-sealer for us with Virgin, especially as with Sky we were frequently getting dropouts and downtimes of sometimes up to an hour.

Therefore, ultimately a stable, much faster Internet connection was more important to us than losing Sky Atlantic. Plus, with Virgin, BT Sports was included in the sports package, whereas with Sky's it wasn't - and so that was game over...

Overall, we've never regretted switching to Virgin, far from it. I just wish they would update the software/interface used to control their V6 box, which to be fair operates reliably, but using it is a bit like the difference between playing a computer game from the 90s and one from this decade, in terms of graphics and the overall interactive user experience.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Never understood what the draw was with Sky Atlantic. Here's their listing for today. Nothing I'd bother with there.

Time
    TV Show
    12:20 am
    Dexter
    Seeing Red - Season 1 Episode 10
    01:35 am
    Californication
    At the Movies - Season 5 Episode 9
    02:10 am
    Californication
    Perverts & Whores - Season 5 Episode 10
    02:45 am
    Life Itself: Special
    03:00 am
    Hotel Secrets With Richard E. Grant
    Sex - Season 1 Episode 6
    04:00 am
    Miami - Season 2 Episode 1
    05:00 am
    Hong Kong - Season 2 Episode 2
    06:00 am
    The British
    Superpower - Season 1 Episode 5
    07:00 am
    The British
    Tale Of Two Cities - Season 1 Episode 6
    08:00 am
    Urban Secrets
    09:00 am
    Without a Trace
    4G - Season 6 Episode 11
    10:00 am
    Without a Trace
    Article 32 - Season 6 Episode 12
    11:00 am
    Without a Trace
    Hard Reset - Season 6 Episode 13
    12:00 pm
    Without a Trace
    A Bend in the Road - Season 6 Episode 14
    1:00 pm
    Without a Trace
    Deja Vu - Season 6 Episode 15
    2:00 pm
    Without a Trace
    A Dollar and a Dream - Season 6 Episode 16
    3:00 pm
    Without a Trace
    Driven - Season 6 Episode 17
    4:00 pm
    Blue Bloods
    Baggage - Season 5 Episode 11
    5:00 pm
    Blue Bloods
    Home Sweet Home - Season 5 Episode 12
    6:00 pm
    Blue Bloods
    Love Stories - Season 5 Episode 13
    7:00 pm
    Blue Bloods
    The Poor Door - Season 5 Episode 14
    8:00 pm
    Blue Bloods
    Power Players - Season 5 Episode 15
    9:00 pm
    Anon
    10:55 pm
    Gangs Of London
    Episode 4 - Season 1 Episode 4
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Never understood what the draw was with Sky Atlantic. Here's their listing for today. Nothing I'd bother with there.

Time
    TV Show
    12:20 am
    Dexter
    Seeing Red - Season 1 Episode 10
    01:35 am
    Californication
    At the Movies - Season 5 Episode 9
    02:10 am
    Californication
    Perverts & Whores - Season 5 Episode 10
    02:45 am
    Life Itself: Special
    03:00 am
    Sex - Season 1 Episode 6
    04:00 am
    Miami - Season 2 Episode 1
    05:00 am
    Hong Kong - Season 2 Episode 2
    06:00 am
    The British
    Superpower - Season 1 Episode 5
    07:00 am
    The British
    Tale Of Two Cities - Season 1 Episode 6
    08:00 am
    Urban Secrets
    09:00 am
    Without a Trace
    4G - Season 6 Episode 11
    10:00 am
    Without a Trace
    Article 32 - Season 6 Episode 12
    11:00 am
    Without a Trace
    Hard Reset - Season 6 Episode 13
    12:00 pm
    Without a Trace
    A Bend in the Road - Season 6 Episode 14
    1:00 pm
    Without a Trace
    Deja Vu - Season 6 Episode 15
    2:00 pm
    Without a Trace
    A Dollar and a Dream - Season 6 Episode 16
    3:00 pm
    Without a Trace
    Driven - Season 6 Episode 17
    4:00 pm
    Blue Bloods
    Baggage - Season 5 Episode 11
    5:00 pm
    Blue Bloods
    Home Sweet Home - Season 5 Episode 12
    6:00 pm
    Blue Bloods
    Love Stories - Season 5 Episode 13
    7:00 pm
    Blue Bloods
    The Poor Door - Season 5 Episode 14
    8:00 pm
    Blue Bloods
    Power Players - Season 5 Episode 15
    9:00 pm
    Anon
    10:55 pm
    Gangs Of London
    Episode 4 - Season 1 Episode 4
    Well that does look piss poor, and the only one there that I bother with is 'Gangs of London', and you could have tried an episode in the time it took to draw up that list

I'll struggle to list all the shows I watch, but I would include 'Gangs', recently 'Save Me Too' (done by the same folk who did 'Line of Duty' and is a must watch imo), Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Twin Peaks, Billions, Succession, Chernobyl, Das Boot, Westworld, Escape at Dannemora, Fortitude, True Detective, Sharp objects, The Tunnel, and I know there have been many more over the last 5 years or so.

May not sound like much, but then I don't watch that much telly, preferring to play records and CDs, and chat shite with you lot
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast