+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Virgin Ultimate 'Oomph' Bundle

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Well yeah, obviously. What else would it be. They never show anything I would be interested in watching that's why I don't have it. A lot of the films are years old and are often shown on the other channels anyway, or I've already got the DVD. The pay per view film selection on Virgin is pretty poor too. Really the charge is twice what it should be for the content on offer. If it wasn't for H2, PBS America and History Channel I'd probably cancel it and just have Freeview instead.
    Lol, none of which I watch much, as that stuff doesn't really interest me, although H2 can be ok. Shows you how our tastes differ

I totally get where you're coming from, but the package suits us, as we're not big enough home-movie fans to justify a subscription to Netflix, and tend to just dip in and out of stuff as we fancy it - or buy the Blu-rays!

So if you pay just under a ton a month for Virgin (I presume that includes your landline calls and rental), how much is your mobile phone contract per month/year?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i dont have any airing tv.. still i get what i need in other ways.
    Yups, I know. We watch too many TV series, dramas and suchlike to be able to do without it.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

We have the VIP package, with a current reduction for the lack of sports .
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol, none of which I watch, as none of that stuff really interests me, although H2 can be ok. Shows you how our tastes differ

I totally get where you're coming from, but the package suits us, as we're not big enough movie fans to justify a subscription to Netflix, and tend to just dip in and out of stuff as we fancy it - or buy the Blu-rays!

So if you pay just under a ton a month for Virgin (I presume that includes your landline calls and rental), how much is your mobile phone contract per month/year?

Marco.
    Mobile is £20 a month.

I first got cable TV in 1996 and back then they used to send you a big TV guide through the post once a month. I didn't opt for the Movie package at the time but I thought I'd check the listing each month and if there were a reasonable amount of films on it that I would watch then I'd pay the extra and subscribe. There was rarely even one film a month. They stopped doing the guide years ago but if I go up to my mother's place she has the cinema package and there's still nothing on it that's worth paying an extra £15 a month for.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

That's fair enough, but I never struggle to find a film I want to watch on Sky (or Virgin) Movies, probably because we have different tastes in films!

Plus, we also like to go to the cinema and watch films just as they come out, as in conjunction with a nice meal, curry or whatever, it's always a good night out. Then when it's released, I like buying the 4K Blu-ray of the same film, so I can compare the 'movie experience' I obtained at the cinema with that of my own set up at home.

A bit like going to a gig and buying a recording of the music, to see how it sounds on your system in comparison - get what I mean? So that kind of negates watching a lot of stuff via streaming services, which is why Sky + Virgin movies (I also sometimes use Google Play) is 'enough' for us

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Mobile is £20 a month.
    So you're essentially only paying about £17 less than me a month, for let's call it, our respective 'communication/visual entertainment packages', as effectively I don't use a mobile phone (no contract, pay-as-you-go SIM, with a £10 top-up lasting me around 6 months), but look at all the stuff I'm getting more in comparison (although I accept much of it wouldn't really interest you).....

Just another way of looking at it, mate

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    We have the VIP package, with a current reduction for the lack of sports .
    You should consider upgrading to the same package as me then, Robin, as you'd be eligible. Defo worth it mate for the superior broadband speed and the inclusion of Premier Sports

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

We have Sky broadband and Sky Q TV, with Sky Cinema but not Sky Sports, also Netflix and Amazon Prime. Total cost about £110 pm. Oh, and my "communication/visual entertainment" package another £13 pm, sim only
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You should consider upgrading to the same package as me then, Robin, as you'd be eligible. Defo worth it mate for the superior broadband speed and the inclusion of Premier Sports

Marco.
    Will have a look Marco, although I think Premier sports coverage very poor.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Will have a look Marco, although I think Premier sports coverage very poor.
    I agree, but just for the Scottish Cup games. You know that cup we've been deprived of winning again this season (because of CV), to complete yet another treble?

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast