+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecting wireless headphones to vintage gear

I'm Robin.

Default Connecting wireless headphones to vintage gear

Hi guys

Hope everyone is retaining their sanity in these odd times.

Some digital help please!

I would like to connect some wireless headphones to vintage receivers and pre-amps [Pioneer SX-1250; Yamaha CR-2020; Sony TA-E80ES] each of which which have large (6.5mm?) headphone jack sockets. The reason being that sometimes I would like to be able to listen to that gear (obviously not all at once!) while doing other stuff.

Has anyone done this? If so your guidance would be appreciated!

best

Robin

I'm Grant.

the ioneer as a tape loop so you could attach an avantree or similar to it and get wifi headphones that way.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

there will be cheaper options but these units are top notch and have great range
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Grant

Thanks for the quick response!

Your message got a little truncated - however I think you are suggesting plugging something into the "tape out" phono connectors?

That might well work but what I was (naively?!) hoping for is something I can plug into the headphone socket so I could move it easily from one unit to another.

Do you think there might be a solution that could work like that?

kind regards

Robin

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by robinb View Post
    Grant

Thanks for the quick response!

Your message got a little truncated - however I think you are suggesting plugging something into the "tape out" phono connectors?

That might well work but what I was (naively?!) hoping for is something I can plug into the headphone socket so I could move it easily from one unit to another.

Do you think there might be a solution that could work like that?

kind regards

Robin
    sure you could use a similar device as long as it has an analogue in. just use an adaptor from 2 x rca to say a 3.5mm stereo jack.. then if your headphone socket is 6.3 mm then an adaptor for that.. should work i guess. might help if the unit had a battery inside, i dont know if you need that? think on amazon you might find what you need
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

https://cpc.farnell.com/av-link/100-...kaAg4TEALw_wcB

no battery but any 5v power adaptor or even a battery pack will run it
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

I picked up a Bluetooth transmitter dongle from ebay about a year ago, there are quite a few there with different specs (A2DP, APTEX, APTEX HD) and usually have either a 3.5 socket or jack plug on them. So you can add either a 6.5 - 3.5 lead or 3.5 - 6.5 jack adapter. Shove it in whichever machine you want and it will transmit to your headphones.

I'm Brian.

I use one of these . Always works when I want it to https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Robin.

Hi Grant (and indeed anyone else who might have some ideas!)

So, I picked up one of these - and some Sony WH-1000XM3 'phones - and after the usual faffing got them talking to each other with the signal to the Avantree coming via the headphone jack on an amp. That's the good part.

Less good is that the sound in the 'phones is very quiet. If I turn the sound from the amp up (to almost 75% of the output - which can't be right) the sound gets a little bit louder but is full of static. Plus I get a static sound emitting from the speaker in the Avantree itself.

The volume control on the Sony is managed by touch and judging by the "beep" I am getting when trying to turn them up they are already on max. Turning them down certainly works which would imply that they are at max volume.

There is (supposedly) a volume control on the Avantee - but when I press it the sound merely cuts out completely.

Finally there is an app for the Sonys but the volume control that ought to be there isn't showing - possibly because the signal they are picking up is from the Avantree rather than my phone.

Any ideas on what might be limiting the volume of the signal being picked up by the phones?

I'm Grant.

Not sure. You could try connectinf up the cans to your phone and use app to see if vol is maybe only set so far up. I had that once if memory serves.
    Also play some music from your phone via bt to cans and see how loud they go. The eu does force headphones to be fairly low but nowhere like what your getting
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Also there is different output formats from the avantree so try them all
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast