+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: PRaT - please explain

I'm Adrian.

Default PRaT - please explain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Careful Adrian a lot of Salisbury worshipers will be on the defensive.

Anyhow, back to PRaT its very simple.
    Of course mustn’t forget TWaT, more commonly known and most important factors in a proper HiFi system

Tone, WOW and Timbre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AJSki2fly; 19-05-2020 at 12:50.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Alan.

TEMBRE - Urban Dictionary.
    Tembre is pretty much the most amazing girl around always looking wonderful never shy outspoken and loves to be active ! Loves hanging out with her bff's.

I guess you mean Timbre, but I'll take the Tembre for a spin.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Of course mustn’t forget TWaT, more commonly known and most important factors in a proper HiFi system

Tone, WOW and Timbre

Timbre it is

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Tony.

Adrian indeed

Mind you TWoNE is very apt as well

Tis Worse on Naim Equipment

Its that bleached two dimensional poor tonal quality zero stage depth and eye syringing capabilities that's sets Naim apart from the rest
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Neil.

"Pace", "Rhythm" and "Timing" all refer to the same thing.

It could just be called "Timing".

There are things that dictate how good a system is at timing. These are things like speaker phase distortion, driver overhang, resonant modes (standing waves), enough damping factor, proper turntable setup, filtering etc. that can all influence this.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    "Pace", "Rhythm" and "Timing" all refer to the same thing.

It could just be called "Timing".

There are things that dictate how good a system is at timing. These are things like speaker phase distortion, driver overhang, resonant modes (standing waves), enough damping factor, proper turntable setup, filtering etc. that can all influence this.
    Yes true, but do not forget room acoustics, if you live in and echo chamber it will sound wrong and conversely if you room is approaching a anechoic chamber it will sound as dead as a Dodo.

I'm Dennis.

I hadn't anticipated the extent of antipathy towards Naim, and I have an experienced friend who loved the 250, but I have never liked it aprat from the green/black colouring.

I'm Chris.

Expressing the need of timing in audio equipment, we know its needed, can we draw a slightly occasional wavy line in the sand, and arrive to say, very few manufacturers presently market products
    that have this much needed attribute ?

We then need to find what it is, that makes this attribute appear. Perhaps its a combination of attributes, Could we say the complete combination of parts should work to preserve timing more so than
    worrying needlessly about other parameters.

Key to this is measuring equipment, or better still can it be found collectively subjectively, ie when its right, its just right, I think the latter, as measuring equipment cannot presently get even close
    to what we hear.

I'm Dennis.

OK, so you give validity to PRaT, and allude to a quality which is often in deficiency, so I ask you please to define this/those parameters and a method for measuring them.

It must be possible with current very accurate measuring methods to show these errors.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Hi Dennis,
    Of course there are ways of testing whether one has the fundamental basics right, when designing audio equipment, some of which i sugested to Chris earliar on in this thread, when he was atempting by way of tech talk, at explaining the virtues of his LDR preamp, but it seems my sugestions were completely ignored!
    And this post is not meant as a dig, but if one continualy keeps bringing almost every thread one contributes to back around to one's own product, then one has to be prepared to at least explain, or provide evidence as to the superiority of the product one is continually adverstising!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    OK, so you give validity to PRaT, and allude to a quality which is often in deficiency, so I ask you please to define this/those parameters and a method for measuring them.

It must be possible with current very accurate measuring methods to show these errors.
    Last edited by anthonyTD; 20-05-2020 at 11:09. Reason: Added text.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast