+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: PRaT - please explain

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    In essence my view on the subjectivist supposition of matching, is that it is based on amelioration of errors by countering and offsetting one with another; this may give a sound more acceptable or pleasing, but does not increase accuracy.
    The subjectivist usually though is way in front, as the end result is not a specification, but far more meaningful, namely what is heard.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    One of the hardest things to do, and which has become evident to me, is to accept the volatility and vulnerability of what we hold to be true.
    The adhesion to ideas and concepts which are not valid or true may provide a comfort zone, but inevitably they separate us from reality, stifle or dealing with it, and sabotage our own growth and development.

There is IME a great freedom facilitated when we stop hanging on to dogmas, and I welcome any dissent because it to have my beliefs challenged helps me grow.

Blake; "A man convinced against hi will is of the same opinion still"

Dylan; "The naked truth is still taboo wherever it can be seen."
    Dennis

A good reply

One naimies should take heed of instead of burying their head in the sand (or sounds of mediocrity) and stop deluding themselves with the home self affirmation test They cannot reconcile their OWN inability to recognize quality music reproduction instead of following the crowd to Freemason land or Salisbury imho. Its the self doubt and thought of all that time spent researching and auditioning so realise their have gone down the wrong path

It is good to challenge one's beliefs as it keep your sense sharp and your mind keen to explore all avenues.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Dennis

A good reply

One naimies should take heed of instead of burying their head in the sand (or sounds of mediocrity) and stop deluding themselves with the home self affirmation test They cannot reconcile their OWN inability to recognize quality music reproduction instead of following the crowd to Freemason land or Salisbury imho. Its the self doubt and thought of all that time spent researching and auditioning so realise their have gone down the wrong path

It is good to challenge one's beliefs as it keep your sense sharp and your mind keen to explore all avenues.
    Most on the forum I would think appreciate when audio is reproduced well, better to include everyone, as we all enjoy music reproduction, and discussion about it.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

The adhesion to ideas and concepts which are not valid or true may provide a comfort zone, but inevitably they separate us from reality, stifle or dealing with it, and sabotage our own growth and development.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Pavel.

It seems every other thread on this forum eventually turns into a thread about the bloody LDRs.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    It seems every other thread on this forum eventually turns into a thread about the bloody LDRs.
    Except for the coronavirus thread which is ironically the only thread that might be improved by such a digression...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    Brilliant

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Except for the coronavirus thread which is ironically the only thread that might be improved by such a digression...
    Let's start a rumour that LDRs spread the virus, like what 5G phone masts do.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Nothing wrong with 5G, apart from the premature hair and tooth loss, sterility and tendency to senility.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Pavel.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Actually LDRs contain cadmium, and cadmium exposure leads to respiratory and eventually pulmonary symptoms.

It hasn't been proven that COVID-19 is not caused by LDRs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast