+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SL1200 Mk1 Cartridge Alignment Geometry - Help Please?

I'm Jacek.

Two choices.

1. Stick with original alignment and set tip distance to 52mm (using Technics gauge or other way) and cartridge parallel to headshell.
    2. Generate your own custom template with software from here http://www.conradhoffman.com/chsw.htm

I guess more important than particular geometry is correct setting for one you choose.
    I prefer those arc based templates because with careful handling they allow for more precise setting. Don't bother with exact null points positions. With generator you could optimize little bit alignment for set of records you have but not sure if this is worth of playing with. Except of tonearm parameters, generator takes radius where vinyl record starts and ends so for example you could have separate headshell with cartridge.

For custom calculations you will actually need pivot spindle distance which in case of your arm is 206mm (220-14).

You can observe what are effects of different geometries and inner and outer groove radiuses on tracking error on simulations here (you need to register first)

https://www.vinylengine.com/tonearm_...bmit=calculate

206.jpg

I'm Christopher.

I've been elsewhere for a while but many thanks Jacek for the reply
    Best Wishes
    Christopher D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main System: Vinyl - Technics SL1200 Mk1, Technics Mk2 Headshell , Audio Technica AT_VM95C, Cambridge Audio Azur 551P Phono Stage: CD - Marantz CD 6005: Amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 351A: Speakers - B&W DM600
    Second System (WIP) : CD - NAD C 521i : Cassette - Technics RS-BX404: Amp - Technics SU-V470 PXS : Speakers - Wharfdale Laser 60
    Streaming: Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6: Active Monitors - Adam Audio T5V

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12