+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What's your oldest fully working never been repaired CD player

I'm Jacques.

Philips CD582 from 1988 (just a drawer belt).
    If it's broke fix it.

I'm Tom.

Hello! I have been using the Denon DCD-600NE for a long time. I bought it on Amazon. I really like him. The price corresponds to the quality.

I'm neil.

my sons still using my old Marantz cd63se....got it new mid nineties I guess!!

I'm Phil.

Rotel 965bx , well over 25 years old in constant use
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Russell.

CD52 mk2se, from 92. Still sounds good, and I've bought mostly Marantz players since. Currently an SA8005.

I'm Kostas.

My only CDP, Cary CD-308 (non tube version). I don't remember exactly but I'm sure I bought it before 2005 and it's the only CDP I have used ever since. The salesman said it had low hours from a collector with lots of gear who hadn't used it much. It worked for me because I couldn't afford it new. I expected years ago for the lazer to stop working but it still works.

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Pioneer P-D70; one of the very first Pioneer players from around 1982/3. Never been repaired. A bit slow to light up sometimes and also sometimes doesn't read CD's straight away. Once warmed up, usually plays OK. Doesn't like some of the newer modern CD's as it sometimes freezes or glitches. I still love it though

It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Martin.

That's a good-looking player.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by nudgebutton View Post
    my sons still using my old Marantz cd63se....got it new mid nineties I guess!!

same player here - they got excellent reviews at the time. Never had a screwdriver to it, still works flawlessly.

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That's a good-looking player.
    Thank you :-) It is rather nice, I wish I knew of someone/somewhere who could service it (perhaps give it a recap etc) for me (at a sensible price); i even still have the genuine Pioneer service manual and schematics for it.
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast