Same Clan, be grateful I didn't say scotch

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Same Clan, be grateful I didn't say scotch
    i'll drink to that
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ken.

Well........

I've been reading up on LMS for most of the afternoon and I'm no further forward in understanding what and how I set it up, I just can't find a way into the subject. Too many conflicting threads about different applications confused the subjects I was interested in.

I have a Synology NAS DSD218play which is 64bit 4 core 1.4GHz and 1GB DDR4 RAM.
    1). Is this suitable as the Server, to load LMS on to?

2). I have a Pi4B/4GB on the network, I will be using this as the player, is this what you would call an endpoint?

3). What OS/App/Plugin software do I need to get the Material Skin GUI appearance that is shown earlier in the thread. - on which device do I load each piece?

Some help in understanding this would be appreciated as I'm just not getting how it all interacts.

I'm Barry.

Ken,

Good info here https://www.picoreplayer.org/

If LMS works with your NAS that would be the way to go, install and set up LMS on NAS drive.

Install and set up picoreplayer on your pi.

Install and set up material skin and artist information plugins on your LMS server.

It's not quite as simple as it sounds, but well worth the effort. You could install picoreplayer and LMS on your pi and store your files on your nas drive. Full info on above link.

My setup, LMS on pi4 with usb drive and picoreplayer on pi3b+ as player.

Just noticed you run Qobuz, so you would need to install Qobuz app, runs very well I am using it my self.
    Last edited by Kit1cat; 08-06-2020 at 10:06.

I'm Ken.

@mikeb

Mike in your first post you say you have two Pi's operating with an LMS server on your network.
    One using MoOde the other using piCorePlayer - for those unfamiliar, these are Pi Operating Systems incorporating music player software.
    They use different players in the background, MoOde uses Music Player Daemon (MPD) and piCoreplayer uses Squeezlite.

This is what was said on snakeoil-os site:
    "While MPD reveals a lot of microdetails with the recordings, Logitech Media Server (LMS) with Squeezelite reveal a lot about the music itself."
    "Words I'll associate with LMS+Squeezelite combo:
    euphoric,
    natural,
    relaxing, and
    easy-listening."

Whats your take on the sound quality/characteristics of each player, or don't you hear a difference between them?

I didn't realise you could use MoOde as an LMS client, I thought you had to use piCorePlayer(Squeezelite).
    I get the feeling, the only way to get to grips with this is to buy a second MicroSD card, load it up and experiment with what is possible.
    My current MoOde set up gives me everything I need bar Qobuz integration. As you pointed out, achieving this using UPnP is a basic, clunky solution, so LMS is attractive.

EDIT: Ah, I see there is the option in MoOde to turn on the Squeezelite Renderer, that makes some sense.
    Last edited by Qwin; 08-06-2020 at 12:33. Reason: Renderer

I'm Ken.

Thanks for that Barry.
    It seems when loading LMS on a Synology NAS there is an App icon, to install LMS from within the NAS server software, trouble is it loads an outdated version, it may be a version tweaked by Synology for their devices, not sure. It is 7.7.6-116 or a Beta 7.9.1-168 I think these are old. Material Skin may not work, I will have to investigate if it is possible to install the latest version of LMS.

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Thanks for that Barry.
    It seems when loading LMS on a Synology NAS there is an App icon, to install LMS from within the NAS server software, trouble is it loads an outdated version, it may be a version tweaked by Synology for their devices, not sure. It is 7.7.6-116 or a Beta 7.9.1-168 I think these are old. Material Skin may not work, I will have to investigate if it is possible to install the latest version of LMS.
    Worth trying the 7.9 beta version, I had the material skin running ok with 7.9.3, can't remember what version. Your NAS may give you the option to update once installed. LMS gives the option to update from within it's self.

I'm Ken.

I'm Ken.

Well I installed the Beta version of LMS on my NAS, added the Material Skin, Music and Artist Information plugins, without difficulty.
    Did the usual library location path etc.
    On my Pi running MoOde I activated the Squeezelite Renderer.
    I rebooted both devices, but my player does not show for selection, in the LMS settings, player tab.

I'll go through the settings again just in case I missed something.

I'm Ken.

I can't spot anything I've missed, there is still no player for selection in LMS settings.
    I added the Qobuz plugin while I was looking round.

Anyone got any ideas why MoOde doesn't show as a player in LMS?
    Squeezelite is definitely turned on as a renderer in MoOde.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast