+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: I’ve dropped Roon in favour of LMS

I'm Barry.

How is your pi connected to the network? I have a static ip address set for my pi player in the router, when I booted my player yesterday it did not appear in LMS and was showing the wrong ip address on my display, a reboot of my wifi extender solved the problem. You can try rebooting your router and the pi. Is moode working normally? If you have another SD card try picoreplayer, I find it easier to use then moode.

I'm Ken.

Yes, MoOde is playing as we speak, using files that are stored on the NAS where LMS is installed.
    Pi and NAS both have static IP addresses. Both connected to router using RJ45 / cable.
    Rebooted Pi and NAS twice earlier.
    The only thing I've not done is reboot my router, but the Pi is seeing the NAS and vice versa. The pi and the NAS files are also visible from my laptop (desktop mount links) over a wifi connection with the router. The network seems to be working fine.

I'm Ken.

I'm thinking of getting another card and trying piCorePlayer.

Can you still play local files on piCorePlayer if you disconnect the Pi from the network, ie from a USB flash drive plugged into the Pi?
    What GUI are you using with piCorePlayer, "Jivelite"?
    I want to be able to play the Pi local files while at other locations, bake offs etc. Even if I don't get the same functionality as when on my home network with LMS.

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post

Can you still play local files on piCorePlayer if you disconnect the Pi from the network, ie from a USB flash drive plugged into the Pi?
    I want to be able to play the Pi local files while at other locations, bake offs etc. Even if I don't get the same functionality as when on my home network with LMS.
    I don’t think so, I think picoreplayer only works with LMS. There is no GUI for picoreplayer, you open it’s web page to set it up and then play via material skin on LMS.

Did you try restarting squeezelite from the moode audio config screen?

I'm Ken.

"Did you try restarting squeezelite from the moode audio config screen?"

Yes a couple of times.
    Based on what I read about piCorePlayer:
    Squeezelite is the Player used in piCorePlayer, but it is a command line player, meant to be used in a headless set up. Jivelite is a GUI that works with Squeezelite.
    I need to investigate this further, If I can't use the Pi stand alone at bake offs etc this set up wont be acceptable.
    This is why I was trying to get MoOde working with LMS as MoOde will function off the network as a stand alone player using localy stored music files.

Quote from Electro {maker}
    "Overall, piCorePlayer is easy to use and a solid solution for transforming your Raspberry Pi into a networked music player. I suggest after you first install piCorePlayer that as a next step you enable Logitech Media Server, then install Jivelite. The latter adds a GUI to the Raspberry Pi piCorePlayer which you can then browse with a keyboard and mouse or using a touchscreen for a nifty portable media player if you like."

I'm Barry.

Ken, thanks for info about Jivelite, I will take a look. Perhaps your answer is a two card set up, picoreplayer at home via LMS/Material Skin and moode on the road. It only takes a second to change the SD card. I often swap between moode and picoreplayer.

I am at a bit of a loss why your LMS setup is not working with moode?

I'm Ken.

Yeh it's a mystery why its not working.
    Mike uses MoOde on one of his Pi's and networked to an LMS server, maybe he will catch this and shed some light on it.
    All the info I have come across, re Jivelite, suggests it will run on piCorePlayer with a local storage source as a free standing player, accept input from a mouse/keyboard and hook up to an HDMI monitor. I would just loose the LMS connectivity pulling all the external sources together when disconnected from the network.
    That's what i'm hoping for anyway, I guess I will have to try this and see.
    Last edited by Qwin; 08-06-2020 at 19:25.

I'm Hermano.

In case any of you folks interested there has been a fair bit of updating and improvement done to RuneAudio in recent months.
    Can be downloaded here if you want to give it a try.

RuneAudio+R e3 https://www.runeaudio.com/forum/rune...-e3-t7014.html

regards

I'm Paul.

Default picoreplayer with local music files

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post

Yes, if you have picoreplayer on a Pi, you can optionally run LMS on the same Pi (installed and configured from the pcp config pages), you can then point LMS at local (eg USB) music files, and then point pcp's squeezelite player to that lms (use IP address 127.0.0.1).
    So the music would not go over the network, but be served locally.

But it's not then clear how you'd control it, as you normally connect to LMS over a network. Perhaps if you look at an IR controller option? Or leave the Pi's wifi running, just for control, not music traffic.
    khozmo passive pre/nytech ca252/cxa252 amps, arc 101 speakers
    vinyl: --- lp12/kore/lingo4/ekos2/dv 10x5/gs accession
    digital: --- caiman SEG/allo digione, synology nas, rotel 965 cd

I'm Ken.

Hi Paul
    Thanks for the input, but that set up wouldn't really give me what I'm after.
    I have to have wifi and blue tooth turned off on the Pi, as this is only a test bed lash up, to establish how my file based system will function. The SD card will eventually be transferred into an OKTO DAC8 Stereo, when available. This has a built in Pi4B for streaming, inside its case, too much RFI with them running inside a metal box, plus it will kill the signal strength.
    I'm just sorting out the system settings with this set up first.

My MicroSD card came today, I loaded piCorePlayer on it, inserted it into the Pi4B and booted it up. I see an 8GB Ram version of the Pi4B is on offer now.
    Gave the Pi a Static IP Address and pointed picorePlayer at my NAS for LMS, as that's where it's installed. The Pi was recognised in LMS as the only compatible player on the network.
    I also loaded Jivelite on to the Pi to give squeezelite (the player in piCorePlayer) a GUI.
    All seems to work, I see my music library, on a wifi networked laptop, through an LMS browser page and also from Jivelite on the Pi, connected to my TV. I can navigate the Jivelite GUI using a keyboard and mouse, so basic connectivity is working.
    I can look through the album thumbnails etc, using both access methods and the Qobuz plugin is working, so I can navigate my favourites there to.
    I set piCoreplayer output as USB but I'm not getting any sound through the Topping D90 DAC.
    Whether I instigate play from the LMS browser interface, or from the Jivelite GUI, no sound.
    I'll spend some time looking at this tomorrow, there are a lot of settings, I may have missed something, maybe Alsa settings are wrong.
    Once I get the sound working, the aim is to disconnect the Pi from the network and see if Jivelite/Squeezelite will work with a local USB storage source interdependently.
    Last edited by Qwin; 17-06-2020 at 20:36.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast