+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I’ve dropped Roon in favour of LMS

I'm stuart.

I've been using a Pi3b as the LMS server for a while but it can be painfully slow to do a rescan - every now and again when the pi gets powered down the database gets corrupted and I have to do a rescan.
    Just bought an old Lenovo Tiny PC for £65 to try out as my LMS server (2.8Ghz i3, 4Gb memory) - it really is tiny. Hoping this will be bullet proof compared to the Pi3b.
    The Lenovo is really well made, very solid and it's so small it can be tucked away in a cupboard and used headless - measures about 7" square and about 1.5" high. I'll be putting a 1Tb SSD in it for Win10 and to hold my music library.
    Garrard 401, Jelco 750 with Shuggie, Ortofon 2M Black / ZYX Yatra 100, Project Phono RS with Sigma22 Linear PS, RPi3 + DigiOne + Linear PS, RPi3/1Tb SSD with PiCorePlayer + Linear PS, Perreaux Eloquence 250i 40th Anniversary with ES9038Pro DAC, DCG3 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 8x2 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 686 Power amp, Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Primare V25 CD player, Monitor Audio PL300, Sjostrom DCT03 DC Blocker.

I'm Mike.

The rescan on my Pi system only takes a few minutes and so far ( touch wood ) no issues.

I never power down the Pi unless it's to move it or use a different OS on it.

However I run LMS on an Intel NUC so that avoids the issue you're having with the Pi as the LMS server

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by killie99 View Post
    Just bought an old Lenovo Tiny PC for £65 to try out as my LMS server (2.8Ghz i3, 4Gb memory) - it really is tiny. Hoping this will be bullet proof compared to the Pi3b.
    The Lenovo is really well made, very solid and it's so small it can be tucked away in a cupboard and used headless - measures about 7" square and about 1.5" high. I'll be putting a 1Tb SSD in it for Win10 and to hold my music library.
    And they are super reliable, too - we've got about 3,000 of them in our business and virtually no hardware failures to speak of in 4 years.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    There's a setting to change the playlist number from the default 500, not sure if that's any help to you, I didn't change it but I was able to put the cursor there in order to change the number.

It's under Performance settings within Server Settings so I've no doubt if you increase the number then performance will slow down.

Might be worth looking at.

Thanks, i did try that previously and it didn't alter the limit it would show.

To be clear, does it still show the libraries separate, so Streaming service in 1 Library and then local files in another, anyway of integrating them together like Roon does?
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Thanks, i did try that previously and it didn't alter the limit it would show.

To be clear, does it still show the libraries separate, so Streaming service in 1 Library and then local files in another, anyway of integrating them together like Roon does?
    I'm sure it integrates them all.

This screenshot ( I'm at work so only have access to this photo ) shows groups called A.M Samurai ( on Bandcamp ) and another called 41.9 that I do not have on my NAS drive, it is part of my Spotify library, I also played a group called Agitation Free last night by clicking on Album Artists within My Music Library, again those are only Qobuz and Spotify not my NAS drive. Qobuz versions shown in screenshot 2.

I'm Mike.

I'm Adam.

ooh thanks
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    ooh thanks
    To be honest I wish I'd seen that LMS had gone this way back in December or I wouldn't have bothered paying Roon £90 for 4 months use.

I've already set my Roon account so it won't auto renew in December this year. I tried Roon 4 or 5 times before crumbling as I always thought it didn't offer much for me, but I was bored one day and having recently started using Qobuz again I thought what the hell it's only £90.

Should have stuck to my instinct and not subscribed to it.

Arse! I think would be the right title for me

I'm stuart.

Got the Lenovo Tiny PC all set up, running Win10, LMS 8.0, Music & Artist Information and Material Skin plugins.
    So much more responsive than uses the Pi as the LMS server. Don't know why anyone would bother uses a Pi as the LMS server when you can use one of these Tiny PC's.
    Garrard 401, Jelco 750 with Shuggie, Ortofon 2M Black / ZYX Yatra 100, Project Phono RS with Sigma22 Linear PS, RPi3 + DigiOne + Linear PS, RPi3/1Tb SSD with PiCorePlayer + Linear PS, Perreaux Eloquence 250i 40th Anniversary with ES9038Pro DAC, DCG3 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 8x2 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 686 Power amp, Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Primare V25 CD player, Monitor Audio PL300, Sjostrom DCT03 DC Blocker.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by killie99 View Post
    Got the Lenovo Tiny PC all set up, running Win10, LMS 8.0, Music & Artist Information and Material Skin plugins.
    So much more responsive than uses the Pi as the LMS server. Don't know why anyone would bother uses a Pi as the LMS server when you can use one of these Tiny PC's.
    Yeah that's how I have it, LMS on NUC with MoOde Audio on one Pi and PicorePlayer on another

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast