+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I’ve dropped Roon in favour of LMS

I'm Barry.

Thanks for info Mike, will give it a go some time.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    Thanks for info Mike, will give it a go some time.
    You're welcome

Edit: just discovered it can do it with the Radio channels too
    Last edited by mikeyb; 11-05-2020 at 19:28.

I'm Ian.

Is there an idiots guide to setting up LMS and Material Skin somewhere?

I'm Adam.

Really interested to try this out again. Appreciate a quick 'how to' please. I run a PC which connected directly to my DAC so I guess LMS and a squeeze player is needed. I'm sure I still have a mysqueezebox account. Thanks
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Andrew.

i do not know how complete you want to make this but I have issues with taking and adding screen shots which is the easiest way to show how it is done . But will try and give written instructions here if that helps.

Sorry this is all based on Windows 10 and a PC as Ihave never owned or used a MAC .
    First go to https://mysqueezebox.com/download and download and install Logitech Media Server on your PC .

Then find the settings button which if I remember correctly is in the bottim right hand corner . This will open a screen with a set of tabs across the top you need to click on the one marked plug ins.
    This will open up the Plug Ins page which shows you the plug ins you have installed by those with a tick in the box . Any you do not want you can just untick the box and next restart it will be removed. Now scroll down the page and look for a box Allow Third Party Plug Ins tick this and then restart LMS .

Go back to the plug in page and in the list look for material skin tick the box and save and this will install material skin on your version of LMS . Then on the settings page open the tab interface once open the first line will show Web Interface and there is a drop down under neath it hit the arrow and choose material skin from the drop down . That will then set up your PC interface for LMS as Material Skin which you can add as a favourite or access from 192.168.1.???(your LMS ISP allocated thre figure number):9000 and this will take you direct to the Material Skin web interface.

You can also visit the follwoing site and in the lists below the heading it has pictures of the various screens to install this .

https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-material

I'm Mike.

Here's the latest build page

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=8.0

You might need version 8.0.0 at least to have the latest Material Skin plugin working

Thanks for the instructions Bencat saves me trying to do it tonight

I'm Barry.

Instructions here on how to install LMS on a Raspberry Pi.

https://www.picoreplayer.org/landingzone_option2.html

It took me a couple of hours but it appears to have installed ok. a bit of a slog and reminded me why I moved from picoreplayer and LMS to moode and a openmediavault NAS setup.

Will try Material Skin web interface later.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Really interested to try this out again. Appreciate a quick 'how to' please. I run a PC which connected directly to my DAC so I guess LMS and a squeeze player is needed. I'm sure I still have a mysqueezebox account. Thanks
    There's a setting to change the playlist number from the default 500, not sure if that's any help to you, I didn't change it but I was able to put the cursor there in order to change the number.

It's under Performance settings within Server Settings so I've no doubt if you increase the number then performance will slow down.

Might be worth looking at.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by iansr View Post
    Is there an idiots guide to setting up LMS and Material Skin somewhere?
    It actually works with 7.9.x

https://cdn.statically.io/gh/d6jg/ma...al%20Skin.html

I'm Barry.

All up and running with my pi, great on my iPad but not working with my raspdac mini kit, no display or remote. You need the music and artist information plugin for the artist, album info etc.
    Last edited by Kit1cat; 12-05-2020 at 21:15.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast