+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Addition - Snell J II

I'm Martin.

Default New Addition - Snell J II

Hi recently purchased a pair of Snell J II that were rebuilt to III spec with additional silver wire upgrades some time back. As I understand this was carried with assistance from AN. In addition, they were made active with the introduction of a Meridian 101 and 105 onto the rear of each speaker providing 100W per speaker.

I have them currently hooked up to Node 2i (Tidal MQA source - DAC by-pass), via a Perpetual Technologies P3A DAC (Modwright Signature 2 upgrade) plus a Monolithic PS with a SPJ La Luce Passive Preamplifier - Pass 170.

I will play around with DAC and Pre options but first impressions are very good. Always a good sign when from the go listening to the music rather than the gear. There is something very engaging about these speakers.

I'm Rohan.

Very interested to hear more...Snells always looked like quality speakers to me. Didn't realise there was an active option!

I'm Graham.

Sound very interesting, any picsDylan?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by graham67 View Post
    Sound very interesting, any picsDylan?
    Rohan/ Graham - I will arrange some phots. Martin

I'm Martin.

There is something very engaging about these Snell's, nothing really jumps out to you (which is somewhat frustrating). The sound is very clean and they are certainly not fatiguing, in fact far from it, within an instance I am transported into the music where time ceases to exist. I stop listening to the gear (a pointless trap we can all fall into).
    I am sure they have benefitted from the upgrades carried out under AN direct guidance. I have numerous regarded loudspeakers and these have a certain quality that few possess.
    Bottom line if you fall across a pair at reasonable money they are definitely worth a listen. I am hooked.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

One of my favourite speakers, I used an original pair of J II'S for about 14 years, mainly with valve amplification.
    A pair of audio innovations 2nd audio monos, the Snells work well with valves.

A forgiving and effortlessly musical speaker.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

+ Reply to Thread