+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: I think I need to give up Hi-Fi

I'm martin.

My tinnitus is a high pitched whistle or whine, but also due to 30 years down pit my ears are in poor working order, so I wear a pair of hearing aids, modern digital aids only help the frequencies required(if set correctly) and will mine even improve the tv sound, a friends husband has constant tinnitus and has hearing aids to help dull it, no idea how it does but he reckons it works and can help him sleep. New hearing aids improved my HiFi immensely and didn’t cost me a penny, I don’t a record of the test results but life is so much better for me and my wife is happier now volumes are lowered. Worth getting a test?
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm Dennis.

Although I have loss, I also have hyperacusis which has increased my sensitivity to ordinary noise levels, and street sirens or the announcements in Morisons really are upsetting, especially the screechy voices.

My inarticulate friends call me deaf, but I can hear the HD spinning on my Humax PVR from 12 ft, and they cant, so hearing is very personal and trained.

I am on Furosamide, and it is a pain in the pisser, but I'm reducing the dose.

I cannot see how hearing aids cannot interfere with Hi-Fi, yet another interface.

I'm Dave.

There are other Diuretics which haven't got the nasty side effects of the Frusemide. Can't remember what the Consultant put me on instead but it worked and I didn't notice anything untoward.

I'm Pavel.

I damaged my left ear in my previous job. I was required to write a certain application which was supposed to play some sounds and alter the channel balance depending on the input, but it didn't work initially. I thought the volume on my headset was turned down and turned it way up. Nothing changed. I started debugging the application and when I found and fixed the bug, it played full blast into my headset because I forgot to turn it down

I still hear up to 17 kHz with both ears (and can hear my wristwatch ticking from another room) but I now have constant ringing in my left ear and it's really annoying, in fact my wife tells me that I have become much more irritable since then

I'm Geoff.

I dozed off after lunch earlier and woke up finding my tinnitus whistling away like mad. I expect it will fade and go overnight. It's the first time I've had it for weeks.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    I damaged my left ear in my previous job. I was required to write a certain application which was supposed to play some sounds and alter the channel balance depending on the input, but it didn't work initially. I thought the volume on my headset was turned down and turned it way up. Nothing changed. I started debugging the application and when I found and fixed the bug, it played full blast into my headset because I forgot to turn it down

I still hear up to 17 kHz with both ears (and can hear my wristwatch ticking from another room) but I now have constant ringing in my left ear and it's really annoying, in fact my wife tells me that I have become much more irritable since then
    Mrs. P has found that I have become less irritable since going part-deaf in my left ear. But that's because I always sit to the right of her
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I dozed off after lunch earlier and woke up finding my tinnitus whistling away like mad. I expect it will fade and go overnight. It's the first time I've had it for weeks.
    Geoff, this is probably not related to any of this tinnitus, but I seem to remember you once mentioning how you found Amlodipine to be horrible stuff, and I never got round to asking you what the problem was.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Geoff, this is probably not related to any of this tinnitus, but I seem to remember you once mentioning how you found Amlodipine to be horrible stuff, and I never got round to asking you what the problem was.
    Where do I start? Freezing cold extremities, disturbed sleep, inability to focus or concentrate on anything, disorientation and general weirdness. I felt as though I was being poisoned!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Where do I start? Freezing cold extremities, disturbed sleep, inability to focus or concentrate on anything, disorientation and general weirdness. I felt as though I was being poisoned!
    Apart from the cold extremities, the rest of it sounds like the story of my life. Probably due to other "medications" in my younger years Otherwise maybe just a dry mouth, but that could just my body's way of saying more beer please. So what alternative did they give you?

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Dennis.

I currently take 7 tabs a day, and as a sufferer of Raynaud's syndrome one pill sotalol really makes my hands cold, and I lose feeling in them. The dose was halved because of this factor. Concentration is hard, and I get burning sensations and stings randomly over my body which also affect it.

Also involved is an increased sensitivity to UV both in the eyes and on the skin.

It seems to me that many of us are at an age such that ailments are causing us to be on pills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast