+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 70s music centre

I'm Ian.

Default 70s music centre

I’m looking for a high end 70s all in one music centre, must be in full working condition as I’m not mechanical minded any out there? What makes and models do you recommend or would you avoid I like the look of sharp sg5ooe. Thanks for any help guys.

I'm Adam.

The Sharp is supposed to be good but is electrically complex as it has 1970s touch controls. Make sure they all work if you find one! Alternatively, how about:

Bang & Olufsen Beocenter 4600
    Garrard GA-200 (yes, really - they're superb!)
    National Panasonic SG-5070
    Goodmans MCD-100
    Sony HMK-80

Or if you don't mind sneaking into the 1980s:
    Sony HMK-9000
    Hitachi SDT-900M

And the one I'd go for:
    Bang & Olufsen Beocenter 7007 or 7700.

Well, i say "would" go for, but that should be "did" go for. I don't plan to part with my Beocenter 7007!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Andy.

Dynatron are good - used various manufacturers turntables.
    I got one (with a Lenco GL78 deck) and refurbed it and gave it to my brother for his 50th - he loves it and the sound is to die for
    It was from 1973
    Last edited by gninnam; 16-05-2020 at 17:24.
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    The Sharp is supposed to be good but is electrically complex as it has 1970s touch controls. Make sure they all work if you find one! Alternatively, how about:

Bang & Olufsen Beocenter 4600
    Garrard GA-200 (yes, really - they're superb!)
    National Panasonic SG-5070
    Goodmans MCD-100
    Sony HMK-80

Or if you don't mind sneaking into the 1980s:
    Sony HMK-9000
    Hitachi SDT-900M

And the one I'd go for:
    Bang & Olufsen Beocenter 7007 or 7700.

Well, i say "would" go for, but that should be "did" go for. I don't plan to part with my Beocenter 7007!
    The Sony HMK9000 is from 1979 so does qualify. Although I would also go for the Beocenter.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adrian.

My Danish relatives had a Beocenter 7700 with a B&O cdp that matched stylishly and the big floor standing speakers and it sounded great, I was quite envious at the time
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Paul.

My folks have a National Panasonic music centre that is still going strong, note National not just Panasonic. Pretty sure I also have a NP ghetto blaster from the early 80's in the loft, must try it out.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by AV8 View Post
    My folks have a National Panasonic music centre that is still going strong, note National not just Panasonic. Pretty sure I also have a NP ghetto blaster from the early 80's in the loft, must try it out.
    Both items are becoming sought after now.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread