+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 70s music centre

I'm Ian.

Default 70s music centre

Iím looking for a high end 70s all in one music centre, must be in full working condition as Iím not mechanical minded any out there? What makes and models do you recommend or would you avoid I like the look of sharp sg5ooe. Thanks for any help guys.

I'm Buriedunderaloadofturntables.

The Sharp is supposed to be good but is electrically complex as it has 1970s touch controls. Make sure they all work if you find one! Alternatively, how about:

Bang & Olufsen Beocenter 4600
    Garrard GA-200 (yes, really - they're superb!)
    National Panasonic SG-5070
    Goodmans MCD-100
    Sony HMK-80

Or if you don't mind sneaking into the 1980s:
    Sony HMK-9000
    Hitachi SDT-900M

And the one I'd go for:
    Bang & Olufsen Beocenter 7007 or 7700.

Well, i say "would" go for, but that should be "did" go for. I don't plan to part with my Beocenter 7007!
    Adam.

I'm Andy.

Dynatron are good - used various manufacturers turntables.
    I got one (with a Lenco GL78 deck) and refurbed it and gave it to my brother for his 50th - he loves it and the sound is to die for
    It was from 1973
    Last edited by gninnam; 16-05-2020 at 17:24.
    Main system:

Digital.
    Philips DCC 730
    Technics SL-PJ28A CD Player
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V. Goldring Elite MC and Firebottle OTP MKII Phono Amp
    Lenco L75 in Birch ply plinth. Linn Basik Plus. Denon 103M cart Cairn Boost Phono Amp
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus IQAudio DAC+ (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Amp.
    Pure Sound A30
    Speakers
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477
    Headphone Amp
    Myryad Z40 (also used as a pre amp)
    Backup Speakers.
    TDL RTL2, Some home made concoction...
    Backup Amps
    Audiolab 8000a, Armstrong something or other, Amstrad Quadraphonic something or other, home built EL34 power amps.....

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    The Sharp is supposed to be good but is electrically complex as it has 1970s touch controls. Make sure they all work if you find one! Alternatively, how about:

Bang & Olufsen Beocenter 4600
    Garrard GA-200 (yes, really - they're superb!)
    National Panasonic SG-5070
    Goodmans MCD-100
    Sony HMK-80

Or if you don't mind sneaking into the 1980s:
    Sony HMK-9000
    Hitachi SDT-900M

And the one I'd go for:
    Bang & Olufsen Beocenter 7007 or 7700.

Well, i say "would" go for, but that should be "did" go for. I don't plan to part with my Beocenter 7007!
    The Sony HMK9000 is from 1979 so does qualify. Although I would also go for the Beocenter.
    Current Lash Up:

*Oppo BDT-101CI* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Adrian.

My Danish relatives had a Beocenter 7700 with a B&O cdp that matched stylishly and the big floor standing speakers and it sounded great, I was quite envious at the time
    [FONT="Arial"]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes

Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S & Michel Cusis MC cartridge, Furutech AG-12-R4 High Performance Phono Cable, LFD MMC special phono stage, Rothwell MCX SUT, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC, Sony 3d blu-Ray for CDs to Caiman SEG, ALLNIC T1500 MKII SET 300B amp, Wilson Benesch Vector speakers and JBL L100 Century's , Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links, the Eccose Conductor CA1 cd to pre, I think I am at audio nirvana, but donít tell anyone

I'm Paul.

My folks have a National Panasonic music centre that is still going strong, note National not just Panasonic. Pretty sure I also have a NP ghetto blaster from the early 80's in the loft, must try it out.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by AV8 View Post
    My folks have a National Panasonic music centre that is still going strong, note National not just Panasonic. Pretty sure I also have a NP ghetto blaster from the early 80's in the loft, must try it out.
    Both items are becoming sought after now.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

+ Reply to Thread