+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project classic upgrade

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisinthepark View Post
    Ok my heads mince after reading review after review of various amps,
    1st rule of fight club, don't take reviews as gospel USE YOUR EARS see if you can get a loan or at least listen to a few that you've earmarked

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Ian.

Thinking a dedicated amp and different cart is the way but not sure as how to split the budget 50/50 or more on the cart than the amp? Thoughts on the rega phono stage mc and a audio tech mc?

I'm Mike.

I'm using an ART9 at the moment on my modded Rega running through a Project Tube Box as i've loaned my Firebottle to a mate and it sounds great, so you don't necessarily need to spend the earth on a phonostage to get good sound. it really depends how much you have to spend, but i would keep your amp for the time being spend the majority of your budget on the cart and try to pick up a good 2nd hand phonostage, see what it sounds like and then decide if you need to upgrade the amp, do 1 thing at a time and see what effect it has good or bad, then if needed spend more.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisinthepark View Post
    Thinking a dedicated amp and different cart is the way but not sure as how to split the budget 50/50 or more on the cart than the amp? Thoughts on the rega phono stage mc and a audio tech mc?
    The Rega Fono MC is great and AT cartridges are very good value but you are still going through the Rotel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123