+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beyerdynamic DTX 900 foam earpads

I'm Pete.

hi m8 yes seems I am ! ......older but no wiser ! Been running a face book group after Zerogain went to the dogs ...

So shameless plug for HiFi Tip tweaks and treasure [https://www.facebook.com/groups/100684630305360/]

I've been doing a lot of testing and research for the group ...some of foo too.. and a run in with a well known online hifi purveyor via complaint to trading standards which resulted in the removal of a number of claims made on its web page !

Interestingly I found a cheap easy and reliable comparative methodology to visually acknowledge sound differences between components such as Fuses using pink noise ....

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    A quckie re the DT990 - which now seems cheapest at Thomann.de. This appears to have a coiled lead - is that normal nowadays, and are such coils a good idea? I think I've had both straight and coiled leads in the past - my current phones are either wireless or have straight leads.

Probably not a deal breaker, but I thought I'd ask. If there's a choice (which there may not be) which would be better - or probably just "depends"?
    The DT990 Edition have a straight cable and I think a very slightly different headband, also they're a bit more expensive.
    the coiled cable dosnt bother me to be honest
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Dave.

I now have a DT990 Pro set. It's good, though I'm not sure whether I still prefer the DTX 900 - for various reasons. The foam cushions have arrived, but unfortunately they're not so easy to fit. Also, I probably disconnected a wire while trying to fit them, so now got another "project" to do - get out a soldering iron ....
    and put this right - if I can.

The 990s are open, but seem a bit closed in - perhaps it's the pressure on the headband which gives that feeling. Reminds me of Tony Hancock's Radio Ham! The coiled cable is OK.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12