+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aquired a new turntable

I'm Richard.

Thanks for all the advice.

I've had another look today, it does seem a bit noisy when I push the platter round by hand, as though there's some dry bearings?? The cable on the RB300 is a cheap one, but I'm not too bothered by that, as I won't be using it anyway.

There's some really nice looking plinths on Ebay for not too much money, they all seem designed for SME 9/12" arms rather than Rega fit. There does seem to be mounting plates for Rega arms, maybe I could just get a SME and using a mounting plate??

How much does it cost to get one serviced? I know Northwest analogue are very reputable, but I'd imagine they are pricey??

I'm mark.

There's a brake which will be the noise. Switch it on unplugged, it should spin freely.

I'm Mike.

I'm sceptical of all so called upgrades, and the differences are often too small to be really appreciated. Think i'll just go cheapy cheapy Moldovian plinth when he starts selling again, purely cos this SME bath tub style plinth I got looks shite.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm jamie.

im liking your avatars mike,first the lunatic from dirty harry and now poltergeist
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    im liking your avatars mike,first the lunatic from dirty harry and now poltergeist
    Scorpio, my favourite lunatic, I know all his lines from that film.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm jamie.

hubber hubber! i love the scene when he's screaming row row row your boat to get the kids singing,then he tells them he's gonna kill all your mummys an daddys lol great film.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    hubber hubber! i love the scene when he's screaming row row row your boat to get the kids singing,then he tells them he's gonna kill all your mummys an daddys lol great film.
    'Hubba Hubba pig bastard', is the full line. 'That man had rights', 'Well, I'm all broken up about that man's rights'.
    Don't wish to derail the thread so i'll move to the AV studio...…..
    Last edited by Mikeandvan; 10-05-2020 at 21:30.

I'm Gianfranco.

I have 2 turntables in my hifi, a Technics SL1200G, and a Thorens TD124 mkII that I have completely refurbished,
    I have installed the Rega RB2000 arm and a rega Aphelion mc head.
    I let you imagine its sound, there is none for anyone, its sound is incredible.
    So .. if you want to have a really top analog sound you just have to do like me.
    Hi.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Gianfranco View Post
    I have 2 turntables in my hifi, a Technics SL1200G, and a Thorens TD124 mkII that I have completely refurbished,
    I have installed the Rega RB2000 arm and a rega Aphelion mc head.
    I let you imagine its sound, there is none for anyone, its sound is incredible.
    So .. if you want to have a really top analog sound you just have to do like me.
    Hi.
    What do you prefer the 1200 or 124?

I'm Gianfranco.

They are 2 distinctly different sounds, the technics is my forklift truck since I can interchange my different heads,
    while on the thorens there is a fixed one.
    Anyway .... when I want to enjoy a truly spectacular sound I am the thorens able to excite me, the sound sound is pure magic!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast