+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Share FLAC playlists between Mac and iPhone?

I'm Daniel.

Default Share FLAC playlists between Mac and iPhone?

My digital library is mainly in FLAC format (a few MP3s). I play them both on a Mac computer running OS 10.15/Catalina and on Iphone (with Dragonfly cobalt as DAC). I try to find something where I can swap a playlist directly (no cloud nonsense) between Mac and Iphone (both ways), so that I don't have to manually re-create every playlist on every single device. Should also be airplay capable.

What I tried so far:
    Desktop:
    - PureMusic add on to iTunes, but some files not playing, and does not support airplay.
    - VOX: cannot link directly to files, have to go through iTunes, and most FLAC files not playing.

Mobile:
    - VOX: but playlists did not play in order, absolutely need that.
    - FLACBOX: requires cloud for synchronization, and no desktop version available.

Looking at Audirvana and Roon, but both are desktop only?
    Audirvana seems to controllable through mobile device, but essentially as a remote, not as an independent playing device.

Or is there some common playlist format that is cross platform compatible? Something like a .pdf flie, but for playlists? How to swap them between iPhone and Mac desktop?

This really should not be that hard to do, but I cannot find anything. Would very much appreciate any pointers. Happy to pay for it if it actually works. Thanks!
    Rotel 1572 - PearlAcoustics Sibelius SG - REL T9/I & arrow wireless | VPI Super Prime Scout, ADS - Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC*/Ortofon 2M black - E.A.T. E-glo petite | Marantz CD player | HoloAudio May DAC L2 | MacPro 2013 Roon server | TEAC V7000 | Tisbury passive preamp | Woo WA6 SE w/13EM7 & WE422- Grado RS2e, Dan Clark Ether 2 | iPhone 10 w/Flacbox - Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt - Etymotics ER4SR ER4XR

I'm David.

I use this to sync my Itunes with my Android phone. It may also do what you want, have a look here https://www.jrtstudio.com/iSyncr/Tutorials

I'm Jonathan.

I use Jriver on my Mac. Files are on the Mac and/or NAS device.

Jremote on iPhone and iPad can access the files and play on Mac as a remote control or on i device locally as a choice in the remote app.

You pay for Jriver and Jremote separately.

+ Reply to Thread