+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Leeds in England

I'm Roger.

Default Hello from Leeds in England

My system didn’t go through any upgrades for twenty years. It consisted of a Marantz CD63 SE feeding straight into Audiolab Mono amplifiers and the volume was controlled by the CD player IR remote controller. The speakers are Kef 105.2 that I bought in about 1985 at a sale at a Television studio. I paid £285 for them.
    A couple of years ago I bought a second hand Arcam rDAC and in order to use it I had to make a passive volume controller using an Alps Blue pot. It did make a noticeable improvement to the CD player.
    Three months ago I bought a Bluesound Node 2i and this made a further noticeable improvement. So far I am only streaming using Soundcloud basic offering (subscription free). There are some high sampling rate recordings made by enthusiasts using field equipment such as the Sony PCM-D100 and the results are stunning.
    I have been on a few foreign holidays over the years and I like to buy CDs to have a listen to when I get back home. So for example I bought a couple of CDs at a town called Le Kef in Tunisia. One track on one of the CDs was by a local female singer.
    I am interested in almost every kind of music. As diverse as you can imagine - from the Mexican DJ Betoko to Hildegard of Bingen !
    I could recommend Cantate Domino’s recording done in the Sistine Chapel. (Massimo Palombella Sistine Chapel Choir). It was recorded with no other people other than the musicians and recording technicians so there are no distracting coughing etc. It is the perfect demonstration of well captured acoustics.

I am able to build electronic equipment and I have been thinking about an amplifier upgrade. The Anthony Holton modules are interesting and also the Neurochrome modules based on the LM3886 chip.

Furloughed at present so the streamer is working full time.

All the best everybody.

I'm Pete.

Hi Roger
    Welcome to AOS good to see Yorkshire folk
    Regards
    Pete

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Roger.

Good to see someone with wide tastes in music. I too like to buy music from places I have visited (i.e. so-called 'world' music) and also like Hildergard of Bingen.

Enjoy the Forum - happy listening

Barry
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hello Roger. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here, just join in and chat with the members.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread