+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RIP Florian Schneider

I'm neil.

Default RIP Florian Schneider

Wow - can't believe this another one gone

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Sad news! All these guys, Millie Small, Dave Greenfield and now Florian Schneider were not that much older than I am!

Always liked Kraftwerk - so that's what I'll be playing now.
    Barry

I'm neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Sad news! All these guys, Millie Small, Dave Greenfield and now Florian Schneider were not that much older than I am!

Always liked Kraftwerk - so that's what I'll be playing now.
    It's shocking I'm going to stop reading the news - I feel like the voice of Doom

I'm Jim.

Very sad news.
    It was hearing Autobahn that was the catalyst for my journey of appreciation and love of Krautrock.

I'm Manny.

So, so sad - they were my musical beginning, fortunate to see them live in Glasgow at the Barrowlands more than twenty years ago, the original line up.

Complete class

Computer Love is my favourite track of all time

I'm Jim.

I'm fortunate enough to have seen them live too, although not the classic line-up. I saw them at Manchester velodrome and at the Tate Modern when they did a series of concerts playing a whole LP per night, we went to the Electric Cafe evening, it was the only night we could get tickets for.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by enrae8 View Post
    It's shocking I'm going to stop reading the news - I feel like the voice of Doom
    I was thinking that too - when I see one of your "has to be done" posts on Spinning Today, I think, oh no, who is it now? But three in as many days, that's just awful.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeah, a very sad loss for music... Will be honouring the great man by spinning this classic album next, on vinyl, just as it should be heard:

Proper Kraftwerk

Marco.
    "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears” - John Lennon.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

I'm Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yeah, a very sad loss for music... Will be honouring the great man by spinning this classic album next, on vinyl, just as it should be heard:

Proper Kraftwerk

Marco.

I've got that record too.
    I do think for some fans pre-Autobahn Kraftwerk are, if not unknown, then at least a bit of an irrelevance. Even for Kratwerk themselves it seems to be so, all the reissues and remix stuff they have done ignores that part of their output.

+ Reply to Thread