+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD: SME 3009 series 2

I'm Phil.

Default WTD: SME 3009 series 2

Morning all. I'm looking for a new arm for an SME 3009 for my Thorens TD160. I'd also consider other suitable arms for this table.

Thanks,
    Phil

I'm Grant.

guessing your gonna get asked imp or non imp and how much?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Phil.

Thanks Grant. Ideally non improved with detachable headshell. I'm flexible on price tbh, but ideally no more that £400

I'm Patrick.

I have both fixed and detachable headshell SME S2 improved arms surplus to requirements. They both have the optional FD200 damper and came attached to decks that I bought.

Not sure on price but they would be within your budget, although not much use if you want non-improved!

I'm Patrick.

Oh, I also have a spare Mission 774 (original type) too.

I really should sell some stuff, but it's just too tedious!

I'm Phil.

Hi Patrick. The reason I was looking at the non-improved was for the detachable headshell and the higher mass, which I have read is more flexible in terms of cartridge matching. I didn't realise there was an improved version with the detachable headshell?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by MarginWalker View Post
    Hi Patrick. The reason I was looking at the non-improved was for the detachable headshell and the higher mass, which I have read is more flexible in terms of cartridge matching. I didn't realise there was an improved version with the detachable headshell?
    yup mine's is the imp with detachable shell.. You can still use heavier carts, you just add a bit extra weight to the rear really. Ive got a magnetic weight that solves the issue
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Patrick.

I've also got an extra SME heavy counterweight which I bought when I was playing with Deccas on it (and which cost a fortune from SME).

I'm Phil.

You have PM, Patrick

I'm Phil.

Now sorted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast