+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you sleep on?

I'm Grant.

Vesgantti double mattress for me as i like sprawl space and somewhere for my remotes etc... 10.3" thick, it has layers of CertiPUR-US certified foam and hundreds of individual pocket springs
    cost £170 and free delivery(vacuum shrunk in a box). it was so heavy even my mate couldnt get it upstairs.. had to call out my son in law who is built like a brick outhouse..
    I have a 4" topper on it for added comfort.
    Ive a bad back and cervical spondylosis so pushed the boat out.. actually its a good mattress, but as im heavy i need to replace more often than most i guess..... last one was about 10/12 yrs but really should have been half that, but was skint for most of the time
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Vesgantti double mattress for me as i like sprawl space and somewhere for my remotes etc... 10.3" thick, it has layers of CertiPUR-US certified foam and hundreds of individual pocket springs
    cost £170 and free delivery(vacuum shrunk in a box). it was so heavy even my mate couldnt get it upstairs.. had to call out my son in law who is built like a brick outhouse..
    I have a 4" topper on it for added comfort.
    Ive a bad back and cervical spondylosis so pushed the boat out.. actually its a good mattress, but as im heavy i need to replace more often than most i guess..... last one was about 10/12 yrs but really should have been half that, but was skint for most of the time
    That looks like a decent buy Grant, and only 200 quid for the King size. For the money you can't go wrong really. Duly put on my shopping list
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

it was firm initially, and was better with the memory topper on. ive used that topper for a while and it is nice to have some thickness between you and the hard bit
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

I have two pits, I usually sleep on the Airsprung with a topper but the Miracoil’s probably better for my back but is akin to sleeping on a park bench. .

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    20 years since I bought a bed or mattress. Can't recall what I paid but it wasn't big money. A few hundred. I got a discount because the salesman added up the price wrong even though he was using a calculator. The mattress cost more than the bed. Bed is king size and solid pine but had to screw it together myself from the bits. Before that I slept on the floor as I had no money after buying the house. Bed and mattress both still fine.
    Same here.

Self assembled pine king sized bed from Sweden, bought maybe thirty years ago and still perfectly sound. Memory foam mattress about ten years old that is turned when the bedding is changed. Very comfy and no sagging, I sleep well generally.

Tried a memory foam topper that annoyed me 'cos it kept moving around, so that went!

Don't use much in the way of sheets & blankets (hate duvets), as I'd sooner be on the cool side than too warm, use no heating in the bedroom. I grew up without central heating and was used to frost on the inside of the windows in winter as a kid .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Same here.

Self assembled pine king sized bed from Sweden, bought maybe thirty years ago and still perfectly sound. Memory foam mattress about ten years old that is turned when the bedding is changed. Very comfy and no sagging, I sleep well generally.

Tried a memory foam topper that annoyed me 'cos it kept moving around, so that went!

Don't use much in the way of sheets & blankets (hate duvets), as I'd sooner be on the cool side than too warm, use no heating in the bedroom. I grew up without central heating and was used to frost on the inside of the windows in winter as a kid .
    I bet you still scrape willy shapes out of the frost

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

yes likewise. These days I just use a sleeping bag, much easier to wash and dry and none of that aggravation of putting the cover back over the quilt. I hated that job. If it's really cold I put a blanket on top.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    yes likewise. These days I just use a sleeping bag, much easier to wash and dry and none of that aggravation of putting the cover back over the quilt. I hated that job. If it's really cold I put a blanket on top.
    Do you have a spare one for if you bring a lady home?

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

i just lie on top .. if really cold might use a throw too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Mine is made by Hypnos, was bought years ago and is still in fine condition. Gets turned around and turned over every few months. It's fairly firm as are the pillows - I don't like a soft matress.

Use a 'four seasons' duvet but never use the Winter combination.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast