+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for May

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Interesting... I always thought that Berni Inns were situated right inside town centres (at least they were in Glasgow, back in the day). That looks like on the outskirts... Apart from steaks, I remember rather enjoying their prawn cocktails and Black Forest gateaux!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    a roaster today.. took car out to a smallish service station m&s shop.. i went in and got a few things... first time ive met folk in 11 weeks.. i was shaking after it strange reaction; just shows tho
    Nice one, mate. Hopefully that'll give you confidence to venture into a proper supermarket and do a (probably much needed) 'shop'. Have you got a mask?

TBH, if you wear that (mainly to ensure that you keep your hands away from your nose and mouth, take some hand sanitiser in with you, to use going in and out, and wash your hands thoroughly after putting away your shopping, then you'll be fine.

It's important for your soul and mental well-being not to become a prisoner in your own home, and to LIVE, not simply exist!

Marco

P.S How's your grandson doing now?
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Interesting... I always thought that Berni Inns were situated right inside town centres (at least they were in Glasgow, back in the day). That looks like on the outskirts... Apart from steaks, I remember rather enjoying their prawn cocktails and Black Forest gateaux!

Marco.
    That's at the Pier Head, looks a lot different today. That building has gone.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Look at the lobby of the Grand Metropole, for example:

Beautiful (and many of the original features are likely missing)... I could just imagine coming down those stairs of an evening in my tuxedo, ready to enjoy some champagne and pre-dinner canapés!

Marco.
    I can just imagine you rushing down those stairs to get your breakfast nosebag before the restaurant closes at 10am, because you overslept (again). And going arse over tits, which would not be at all funny

Nice stairs, woodwork from a time when people gave a toss about such things, and had the patience to do it well
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Anto.

Well ,to talk shop for a moment , the wonderful weather all the people are enjoying as they emerge from their chysalis's , is great but if we dont get any rain soon its going to completely feck the corn harvest !
    Acres that was sat in the wettest winter spell / floods , has had a crop put into soil going like concrete with the dry conditions now , and as it comes up , withering away in the heat .Maize for cattle got its tops burnt by the frost and wind a few weeks ago and now the drought (which will end in a hosepipe ban soon ) . All we need now is a plague of some sort - oh hang on !!!

I am cheerful sometimes
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Martin.

On the plus side you live on a farm...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Well ,to talk shop for a moment , the wonderful weather all the people are enjoying as they emerge from their chysalis's , is great but if we dont get any rain soon its going to completely feck the corn harvest !
    Acres that was sat in the wettest winter spell / floods , has had a crop put into soil going like concrete with the dry conditions now , and as it comes up , withering away in the heat .Maize for cattle got its tops burnt by the frost and wind a few weeks ago and now the drought (which will end in a hosepipe ban soon ) . All we need now is a plague of some sort - oh hang on !!!

I am cheerful sometimes
    Well your avatar certainly looks cheerful enough, in spite of the udder-ectomy

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Well that's me off into the big bad world now, armed with me gloves and alcohol gel. There's money out there that needs to be in my pocket...Figuratively speaking though, I've been pretty much cashless this last two weeks, and that's fine by me Later dudes

T'other system:

A/V:

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I can just imagine you rushing down those stairs to get your breakfast nosebag before the restaurant closes at 10am, because you overslept (again). And going arse over tits, which would not be at all funny

Nice stairs, woodwork from a time when people gave a toss about such things, and had the patience to do it well
    No, it would've been fucking hilarious!

Yeah the stairs, woodwork, and the whole layout of the lobby is fab, and as you say from a bygone era when folk took a pride in their work - and these days there's sadly too of much 'not giving a toss' about such things, although I'm sure the mitred corners of your UPVC frames are perfect!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

No, it would've been fucking hilarious!

Yeah the stairs, woodwork, and the whole layout of the lobby is fab, and as you say from a bygone era when folk took a pride in their work - and these days there's sadly too of much 'not giving a toss' about such things, although I'm sure the mitred corners of your UPVC frames are perfect!

Marco.
    No, they're just as crappy as anyone else's. But the end result makes up for it, because I work really slowwwww...

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast