+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moon Gel pads

I'm Steve.

Apparently this Moon Gel is exactly the same stuff, just packaged differently. I bet this happens a lot, where a product is repackaged nicely and repurposed. I just can't think of any off top of me head.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Super-bargain! I've ordered one already, can't lose at that price

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Super-bargain! I've ordered one already, can't lose at that price
    Make sure you don't loose the cantilever in the the gel by going to deep with it.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Andrew.

Default Moon Gel pads

I found this today...
    Onzow zero dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Paul.

I have used moongel, Zerodust, Blutack and even putty but gave them all up, I could see that each time you drop it onto the gel and lift off it would pull on the cantilever which was of concern, I now use a long Sable artist brush to remove the fluffy stuff and for the hard gunk I use the magiceraser sponge (Amazing stuff) But again must be used very carefully.
    HI-FI SYSTEM:-
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.
    Yamaha GT2000 T/Table with Shure MKIV Cartridge and Jeco VN-45HE SAS/R Stylus.
    Bang & Olufsen Beolab18's and the 19 Sub Speakers.

A/V 5.1 System :-
    Soundsend Wisa box.
    Harmen Kardon front and rear satellite.
    Legend 10.2 Silverback Active Centre.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Make sure you don't loose the cantilever in the the gel by going to deep with it.
    Thanks for the heads-up, I will be super careful

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by p147 View Post
    I have used moongel, Zerodust, Blutack and even putty but gave them all up, I could see that each time you drop it onto the gel and lift off it would pull on the cantilever which was of concern, I now use a long Sable artist brush to remove the fluffy stuff and for the hard gunk I use the magiceraser sponge (Amazing stuff) But again must be used very carefully.
    What's a magiceraser sponge Paul, and where did you get it?

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Paul.

Don't get the Flash ones or shaped ones as they may be impregnated with disinfectant, you just want the plain and simple rectangular one such as these on E-bay :- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-Magi...4AAOSw0gVdkSru

It is so cheap and a small piece will last a lifetime, If you look under a microscope it is constructed of fibre similar to microscopic Velcro, all you need to do is cut of a piece to fit in a matchbox, rest it on the platter and lower and lift your cartridge 3 or 4 times onto it (DO NOT DRAG) it will leave the stylus polished. Again be very careful and try on a not so expensive cartridge until you feel confident.
    There's plenty of info online and on YouTube.
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.

Soundsend Wisa box.

I'm Paul.

Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.

Soundsend Wisa box.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast