+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer M90, Onkyo M-504/M-508, Accuphase Or Something Else?

I'm Ben.

Default Pioneer M90, Onkyo M-504/M-508, Accuphase Or Something Else?

Evening guys.

I’m in the market for an amplifier and would like to pick up something from the 80’s or very early 90’s. A UV meter would be a nice addition as to me it’s part of that 80’s feel.

I’m interested in the ones listed above but wondered what else is out there that I should consider from this era.

I’ll only be playing CD’s via this amp using a Nakamichi MB-1.

Thanks for reading.

I'm Ben.

Nearly 40 views and not a single reply

I'm Paul.

I think this should be in the 'Private Exhibition ' section, But if you are interested I have just put my Pioneer Reference C-73 ipre-amp on E-bay , No meters but beautifully finished, you will however still require a power amp to connect your speakers.
    HI-FI SYSTEM:-
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.
    Yamaha GT2000 T/Table with Shure MKIV Cartridge and Jeco VN-45HE SAS/R Stylus.
    Bang & Olufsen Beolab18's and the 19 Sub Speakers.

A/V 5.1 System :-
    Soundsend Wisa box.
    Harmen Kardon front and rear satellite.
    Legend 10.2 Silverback Active Centre.

I'm Ben.

Thanks for the heads up, I reported the thread after you posted but it hasn’t been moved so I guess it’s where it is supposed to be...

I’m only looking for an amp but thanks for the offer

I'm Grant.

moved it to PE, and see if it helps
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ben.

Thanks very much Grant but I was hoping for more of a discussion on the subject rather than any offers to sell me something.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I've moved it to Blank Canvas which is the best place for a discussion.
    Barry

I'm Ben.

Thanks Barry, hopefully with 190 views feedback might now be forthcoming...

I'm Martin.

If you know where there's a Pioneer M90 going then get it!

That might be the main problem, availability of high end 80s power amps just isn't great. And when they do come up sellers want silly money.

You could consider a Phillips 380 'Black Tulip', has the VU meters, good sound quality. You'd probably want to replace the speaker connections for something that will take a decent gauge of wire but they can be had for a reasonable price.

Don't know what your budget is but there are some tasty amplifiers by Accuphase from around that period. I think the Technics amps are a bit over-rated myself.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

I always fancied a P300L. Never heard one but how good does it look?

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast