+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kralk Audio TDB12 or Kef 105.4

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    No, I agree with the bit in bold, I'd just worded my comment badly. I said "Kralks with 12" bass" because I couldn't remember the model name.

I visited Mike's house a while ago, and while it's a very nice dedicated listening room, the ceiling is rather low. And Mikes comment about space being a bit tight as far as putting in subs is concerned, suggests the room might be smaller than I remember
    It's 12" x 12" but as you said Steve the ceiling is low, i don't know if that makes it feel smaller but it's a good sounding space if that makes sense, things tend to sound tight and precise.

It's all academic now as i've agreed on a pair of speakers that i'll pick up next month, i'll post some picks once i get them

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Martin.

I can't wait until next month to find out! At least tell us what they are.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Probably a better bet. The KEF Reference series from the 1990s were very good too, you sometimes see them pretty cheap (for what they are).
    Interesting
    Will these need recone of internal basunits?
    I've read older 104 etc..run foam woofers internal

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    Interesting
    Will these need recone of internal basunits?
    I've read older 104 etc..run foam woofers internal
    Probably but seen them for sale with it already done.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Mike.

So now i'm the proud owner of a pair of Kralk Audio TDB12 speakers, first impressions are very good indeed, the ability to adjust the MF and HF is a very handy feature and the the overall build is excellent.

i'll post more when i've had a chance to have a good listen......

[IMG]IMG_2309 by mike davis, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]IMG_2307 by mike davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm Martin.

Very tasty. I thought they were good when I heard them.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Mike.

What can I say, wow they put a smile on your face and like to be played loud, I mean really loud, the bass control and extension is fantastic, just what I was hoping for and as I've said the mid and high frequency can be adjusted to suite your taste and room, stereo image is precise and the soundstage is big really big and sound seems to come from 4 or 5 feet past the speakers.

Luckily the mid range which my Monitor Audios are so good at is as good on the Kralks and voices sound they are in the room and stand out from the music. As you can see from the photos they are about 7 feet apart, about 6 inches from the wall and toed in slightly which is what the instructions recommend.

Up to now I've played the following :

Bob Marley Legend
    David Bowie Legacy
    Quincy Jones Back on the Block
    Bad Company Bad Company
    Fox Fox
    Marvin Gaye Trouble Man

I'm Steve.

They look great Mike, and I look forward to hearing them one day, along with the Primaluna. One other thing - you've had that print on the wall far too long, and I've a nice space for it in my listening room
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    They look great Mike, and I look forward to hearing them one day, along with the Primaluna. One other thing - you've had that print on the wall far too long, and I've a nice space for it in my listening room
    You're welcome anytime Steve, Ha!! it's a cool painting i picked it up in New Orleans last time i was there, it won't be leaving my wall sorry mate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123