+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: just in case there is anything out there i might like before thinking about new....

I'm Grant.

Got a list of possibles now from what a can't afford to cheaper. Hugo is out currently. Rde is about tops price wise as is the mytek. The jds labs is nicely affordable.
    Currently my ears have gone funny, so I will have to await them improving.. , if they do or not I don't know .
    Once lickdown is over I might sell some more gear and offload my records in a lump job lot.

Thanks all for the help so far
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Someone has just advertised a Marantz HD DAC1 over on Pink Fish for £400 plus postage.

Might be suitable.

Jerry was a big fan

https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/...ne-amp.240070/

I'm Andrew.

Not sure if you have made a decision on this already but would suggest that it is worth looking at the Soncoz SGD1 which I have detailed in a seperate thread . It looks very well made and smart and measures as well as any DAC currently for a significant amount below your budget . The designer was behind the Tone Board DAC and i have one of those and it sounds very good indeed . THis one is no DIY baord but a fully made up all singing and dancing unit which should also sound better than the Tone Board . Only problem I have is no chance to listen to this and confirm it is as good sounding as it measures which are not always the same thing . Having said that this designer was able to make the Tone Board sound excellent and in line with DAC's five times the price so he does know what does and does not sound good . I am going to get to try this and see if it is as good as I think it will be .

I'm Geoff.

I recently bought an Ifi Zen DAC and I am very pleased with it. It can be used as a pre-amp but I am using it solely as a headphone amp with my desktop pc. I am particularly impressed with its balanced 4.4mm output. I bought a balanced cable for my Hifiman 400i headphones and the results bely the Zen's £129 price.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123