+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Italian beauties

I'm Andrew.

Default Little Italian beauties

Gave em a good ole clean today, I think you’ll agree that they are rather pretty.
    They sound pretty darn good too .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm phil.

I’m using concerto the mk1 with the bi wirable speaker connections on dedicated matching stands and love the looks and the sound after properly 40 pairs of speakers I think I’ve found my end game ones
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    I’m using concerto the mk1 with the bi wirable speaker connections on dedicated matching stands and love the looks and the sound after properly 40 pairs of speakers I think I’ve found my end game ones
    Same as these then
    I’m on the lookout for the stands though they go for silly money .

I'm Shane.

Do they have internal bracing inside their enclosure?

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Do they have internal bracing inside their enclosure?

S.
    I’ve not looked inside these Shane , they’re heavy and sturdy for their size with bass that is quite hard to believe given their size .

I'm Jonathan.

I have some Opera Primos in my workshop system which are very similar and pretty! There is a forward facing port and the bass is impressive for their size. There is no internal bracing in these. Not necessarily the same beast but I am very happy.

I'm phil.

Got my stands on eBay for £140 and my wife drove 250 round trip to pick them up for me in December big improvement though.
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    Got my stands on eBay for £140 and my wife drove 250 round trip to pick them up for me in December big improvement though.
    Result result I’d say , one for the bargain price stands and two for the lovely wife

I'm Robert.

Sonus Faber make some beautiful, luxuriously styled speakers. Really fancied a pair of the Sonus Faber Concerto Grand Piano back in the day
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm David.

Beautiful speakers, and on the occasions we have heard Sonus Faber, nothing to dislike about the sound.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast