+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Technics SP10 MKll

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by graham67 View Post
    That looks gorgeous Robbie and looks fantastic with that arm.��
    Cheers Graham! This thing is full of delights and the arm is no exception, it feels and looks quality as well as having some really nice features / little touches - the way they use to do things....

I was always going to match the SP10 with one of the good vintage Technics arms, with their on the fly vta - a deal breaker for me, no question.

I've always expressed my thoughts and love of the Technics vta system. It is a must/vital for me in terms of the stylus profiles i choose and nailing that sweet-spot via vta adjustment, really really not easy to do without this, as in my experience that 'right window' is very narrow and dialling in via on the fly is a gem of an aid towards achieving that, again, in my experience.

Its ease of use in that regard is priceless! worth it's weight in gold, simply because only once you've nailed that sweet-spot, is when the joy really begins !
    Last edited by RobbieGong; 14-04-2020 at 20:50.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Ying.

Hi Robbie,

I notice you have a rare vintage of Pioneer PD91.

Does its operation give any problem at all. Heard so much about it. It seems to be more rare than a Marantz CD94mkII

Would be interested to know your Ups and Downs along the journey with this Classic whenever you are free.

Thank you.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by baguadao View Post
    Hi Robbie,

I notice you have a rare vintage of Pioneer PD91.

Does its operation give any problem at all. Heard so much about it. It seems to be more rare than a Marantz CD94mkII

Would be interested to know your Ups and Downs along the journey with this Classic whenever you are free.

Thank you.
    Hi Ying, I'll reply here https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...01#post1156701 and keep this thread SP10
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Mike.

Congrats Robbie, looks beautiful! Please tell a bit about this particular tone arm? It's not the original EPA-100 I see from your signature, but its not a SL-1200 variant either?

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    Congrats Robbie, looks beautiful! Please tell a bit about this particular tone arm? It's not the original EPA-100 I see from your signature, but its not a SL-1200 variant either?
    Sincere apologies for late response Mike, only spotted this the other day and been meaning to reply.

In a nut shell this tonearm is fab in my experience.

It was one of Technics arms for their 'upper' decks so SP15, SP25, SP10....

The arm tube is detachable, the whole thing feels and looks quality.

The on the fly vta adjust is fab and even more precise than that on the standard SL12XX

It was always going to be an arm with on the fly vta for my SP10 MK2, due to the stylus profiles I love/use, which are fussy $£$£% when it comes to set up, so being able to dial in the narrow sweet-spot with an arm like this is a must / essential assist.

The only one downside I can speak of is that unlike the standard arm on the 12XX's, which came later, there is no vta lock which is such a shame and inconvenient.

As a result the arm pillar can lower slightly with use over time, which is a pain after you've spent a lot of time, pain and effort nailing the vta sweet-spot, loving the music, only to find that suddenly the presentation sounds a bit off and to find it's because........

Lovely arm, all said and done though to answer your question
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123