+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Technics SP10 MKll

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Very nice!

Not jealous at all.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Karl.

Looks bloody fab mate. like a beautiful piece of Japanese furniture with the exposed panzer on the plinth sides. Ive gone for a similar look on my articulating armboards but with ebony veneer on top.

I just know that will be one of the best sounding spinners you are ever likely to come across . Nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Robert.

Thanks Karl and hope you're keeping well.

As you likely know, I love and appreciate the application of wood in hi-fi, both aesthetically and sonically.

That Santos rosewood you have there is gorgeous too - beautiful finish !
    Last edited by RobbieGong; 14-04-2020 at 16:46.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Ying.

A JOY to behold. Grand and stately looking.

Below the Plinth is a slab of marble. I understand Indian granite is dense.

Usually most prefer for whatever reason Obsidian marble which seems to be the originl base. I dont own any of this but I had a lesser model SL1210mk5 whch I sold off as I didnt have the time for the dedication.

Must have brought you hours of immense pleasure.

Some very dedicated isolation devices I noitce. Happy listening !

I'm David.

Beautiful deck Robbie, I'd be proud to own one like that so you must be over the moon.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by baguadao View Post
    A JOY to behold. Grand and stately looking.

Below the Plinth is a slab of marble. I understand Indian granite is dense.

Usually most prefer for whatever reason Obsidian marble which seems to be the originl base. I dont own any of this but I had a lesser model SL1210mk5 whch I sold off as I didnt have the time for the dedication.

Must have brought you hours of immense pleasure.

Some very dedicated isolation devices I noitce. Happy listening !
    Thanks Ying, Yeah, you're right, hifi does indeed take time and dedication, not for everyone as it can be hard to fit it in with everything else going on in life sometimes, I totally understand.
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    Beautiful deck Robbie, I'd be proud to own one like that so you must be over the moon.
    Cheers David, Delighted in a word, it's been a lot of learning, juggling, sacrifice, patience, pain, frustration - you name it, all rolled into one so I'm very grateful.
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Paul.

Beautiful deck and arm there Robbie, Not having seen one of these before what is that an isolated button on the plinth? And what is the clamp/weight you have there (Looks nice)?
    HI-FI SYSTEM:-
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.
    Yamaha GT2000 T/Table with Shure MKIV Cartridge and Jeco VN-45HE SAS/R Stylus.
    Bang & Olufsen Beolab18's and the 19 Sub Speakers.

A/V 5.1 System :-
    Soundsend Wisa box.
    Harmen Kardon front and rear satellite.
    Legend 10.2 Silverback Active Centre.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by p147 View Post

Beautiful deck and arm there Robbie, Not having seen one of these before what is that an isolated button on the plinth? And what is the clamp/weight you have there (Looks nice)?
    Thank you Paul!

The 'isolated button on the plinth' is in fact the stylus guard - the deck was in full action when I took the pics

The record weight is Pathewings Panzerwood. They do different weights as well 290g, 360g and 470g. Was love at first sight, hence I sold the weight I had at the time to fund this one

I thought I'd been a bit indulgent price wise at the time but hey ho, was a treat to myself, had to have it.

Came across this the other day a looker but made me realise I'd done good..... https://homemedialimited.co.uk/produ...-record-clamp/
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Graham.

That looks gorgeous Robbie and looks fantastic with that arm.😻

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast