Thread: AD Audio Satchmo Mk3 & LCR Phono Pre Amplifier

I'm gordan.

The Silk LCR coils are 600 or 10k ohm?
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm David.

The LCR coils are 600 ohm. IMO most of the SQ benefit comes from having the lowest possible resistance in the signal path. The alternative pseudo LCR design gets resistance down to a couple of k, giving similar great results
    David

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I'm Peter.

I have an AD Audio Satchmo line stage on order from David. I have opted for a build with a DACT2 pot, Rike Caps as well as different output gain for the two outputs: 20db and 12 db. The DACT 2 pot will be with David within the next two weeks. I have bought this blind - as has been the case with most of my hifi purchases in the past - so I am used to the anxiety / anticipation. It will come with Gold Letters to match both my EAR 516 and Allnic AUT 2000 step-up. I will see what I can do about the silver-fronted Emerald phono stage and Line Magnetic 502CA DAC.

David is very pleasant to deal with and also very flexible when it comes to component changes. Highly recommended!
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12