+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For sale My Jamo concert VII speakers. £200

I'm Pete.

Default For sale My Jamo concert VII speakers. £200

I realise it will have to be when Covid 19 is passed but as we are all getting a bit bored I decided to put my Jamo's up for sale. Sorry the photo's are not brilliant.
    I bought these new in the late 90's I think so they are one owner. We compared them to the mission 753 at the time and listening side by side the Jamo's were better in every way really, especially in the bass department. If memory serves I think I paid £650 for them, the dark wood veneer one's were £850.
    They are a bit like my Kef model 3s as in that they have 2 x 8" woofers inside each cabinet firing through the front port. They are totally original with no marks and work faultlessly. The bass units have rubber surrounds so no rot there. Only recently put in the spare room as they were used as my main AV speakers until the Kef's took over. Can demo in my main stereo system if any one wishes.
    I seem to have accumulated lots of hi/fi over the years, the Jamo's are not alone by any means. I have again one owner Epos M12s on soundstyle stands,a Bryston pre/amp couple of tuners , Beresford Caimen and probably some other stuff if I look through the loft.
    Ah nearly forgot.
    Pick up from North Dorset or I will deliver if not too far.
    I would like £200 for the Jamo's. They are really immaculate but not as well known as the Jamo concert 8s

[IMG][/IMG]

Pete.

Main amp is an Electrocompaniat eci2 Sony qs930 cd, Sony tuner,Stan dac,modified x10d with little pinkie se and of course Quad esl57s fully serviced with much better legs and widgets. Sometimes swap to my kef reference 3s or Rogers pro9 Tls.

I'm Lawrence.

I used to have the standmount version of these, they were very coherent and listenable, did nothing wrong except the obvious lack of lower bass. Also very well made and heavy. A little laid back, but then I don't recall them having metal domes so these might have a bit more bite to them.

If these sound anything like mine but with more bass they'll be a bargain for the lucky buyer.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixpete View Post
    I realise it will have to be when Covid 19 is passed but as we are all getting a bit bored I decided to put my Jamo's up for sale. Sorry the photo's are not brilliant.
    I bought these new in the late 90's I think so they are one owner. We compared them to the mission 753 at the time and listening side by side the Jamo's were better in every way really, especially in the bass department. If memory serves I think I paid £650 for them, the dark wood veneer one's were £850.
    They are a bit like my Kef model 3s as in that they have 2 x 8" woofers inside each cabinet firing through the front port. They are totally original with no marks and work faultlessly. The bass units have rubber surrounds so no rot there. Only recently put in the spare room as they were used as my main AV speakers until the Kef's took over. Can demo in my main stereo system if any one wishes.
    I seem to have accumulated lots of hi/fi over the years, the Jamo's are not alone by any means. I have again one owner Epos M12s on soundstyle stands,a Bryston pre/amp couple of tuners , Beresford Caimen and probably some other stuff if I look through the loft.
    Ah nearly forgot.
    Pick up from North Dorset or I will deliver if not too far.
    I would like £200 for the Jamo's. They are really immaculate but not as well known as the Jamo concert 8s
    I have emailed a mate in Hampshire about them, he really needs to replace his ageing speakers. So you never know you may here from him.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Pete.

Ok, thanks.
    Pete.

Main amp is an Electrocompaniat eci2 Sony qs930 cd, Sony tuner,Stan dac,modified x10d with little pinkie se and of course Quad esl57s fully serviced with much better legs and widgets. Sometimes swap to my kef reference 3s or Rogers pro9 Tls.

I'm Lawrence.

I should have said the bandpass type woofers must make the bass very tight and musical if the Kef Ref Models are anything to go by. These are great value.

I'm Pete.

Friday bump, if only i could justify another pair of big floorstanders in the front room.
    Pete.

I'm Claus.

Well! I'd love to buy the Concert 7's from you.
    I live in Norway and live off my pension from being a tool- and die maker.
    *cringe* Do you do layaway?? *impish grin*

~Claus

I'm Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by tinque View Post
    Well! I'd love to buy the Concert 7's from you.
    I live in Norway and live off my pension from being a tool- and die maker.
    *cringe* Do you do layaway?? *impish grin*

~Claus
    Sorry l don’t have any packing for them, so pick up only I’m afraid.
    They are running in my second system for a while in place of the epos M12s and l prefer them.
    The epos are great but probably not in a big room.
    Shame you can’t pick them up. I think Jamo are not really appreciated in the UK.
    Pete.

I'm Nick.

I auditioned a pair of these in the '90s and loved them but space constraints meant I had to go with something smaller. I'd like these but am literally at the other end of the island!

+ Reply to Thread