Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
My dream machine , a Ottari MTR12 on that web site

7 1/2 , 15 and 30 IPS , top bridge , On a roller studio trolly , Looked in lovely condition

£2500 , but doh !!! what with the climate as it is at the moment , Jobs ,Bills I struggled to resist the temptation , The all of a sudden

It was gone , someone else took the plunge

Was it YOU
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Otari-MTR...p2047675.l2557
That’s the first decent looking machine I’ve seen on the Bay for a very long time , very reasonable price ....and he was open to offers too !!!
I did contact them regarding the condition of the machine when I noticed the Ad ......couldn’t help myself even if it is the last thing I need just now (got one machine in for repair and a deposit on another after it has been evaluated)
They said the machine was in perfect fully working and serviced condition , it was there test machine at Solid state logic
who are a very highly regarded studio hardware company.......apparently it had a easy life and they had the facilities to fully demonstrate the machine
the machine had sold by the time I replied to there message
At least it gives us hope that there are still genuine bargains out there if your in the market for a top notch (serviced) studio machine