Hi Keith, rebuilding the XO with good parts will minimize the damage components do to the signal. My previous recommendations stand. This will provide a cleaner and more detailed signal which will give you the clarity in the top end and also improve bass and midrange. This may seem a little hard to comprehend when the main target of this rebuild is to improve the tweeter's response.

What is at play here is that the upper harmonics of voices and instruments, from the drummers side tom, snare drum and other instruments going upwards, is reproduced by the tweeter. The transient performance is crucial for life-like sound, this stems from our senses being tuned for survival in the wild. The sharp snap of dry twig alerts you to danger and gives its location.

The transient or leading edge of the waveform is handled by the tweeter so when you provide it with a cleaner signal your ability to recognise and locate their position is enhanced, hence better imaging and staging.

I mentioned using Mills resistors. Use the 12W and not the 5W. Remember you are looking to maximise the transient snap and the bigger resistor will cause less thermal compression, and that's good. This is an excellent choice, noticeably better than that grainy thing used in your XO and used by many so called high-end designs. For a more precise response, and is what I like using, and feel may suit your speaker better is the Powertron, a Vishay foil. rated 3W or 30W when mounted on a heat sink.

Caps are another story and you still haven't disclosed your budget
Here are some to consider: prices in GBP for a 4.7uf as reference.
Clarity Cap ESA 6.58
Jantzen Superior Z-Cap 15.5
Mundorf M Cap EVO Oil 7.43
Mundorf M Cap Supreme 22.24

All priced from : https://www.hificollective.co.uk/com...apacitors.html

The Clarity good for bass/mid driver. The tweeter series cap is where the bulk of your budget should go. The Mundorf Oil has a very slightly lit up top end. This is not a bright cap, just adds some brilliance. The M Cap Supreme is one of my favourites and is lovely. Jantzen great value.

Posting a schematic of the XO or emailing it to me would help. charleswasserfall@gmail.com

Rewire with solid core OCC copper.

Cheers
Charles