+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tidal streaming problem via RPi

I'm Martyn.

Default Tidal streaming problem via RPi

I'm gradually getting to grips with options available using the RPi/LMS streaming into standard Hi-fi and generally have met with success, bit I'm stumped on this.

Using the loaned (thanks again Simon) RPi/IQAudio HAT I'm now enjoying my FLAC library along with Spotify Connect and multiple HD Radio streams, but Tidal is eluding me.

I've subscribed to standard service so limited to MP3 currently, but have been very happy listening thorough my mobile with headphones, but cannot succeed getting audio through the RPi.

I've installed the plug-in and using Squeezer App can even access and select tracks in Tidal, but every track stalls at 8 secs playback (no sound) before restarting the track.

As said I've no issue using the Mobile App either at home or out and about, but RPi operations don't work.

I think it may have something to do with MP3 playback selection, as tracks seem to default to FLAC, which my subscription doesn't support.

Would really appreciate any thoughts/advice from you very knowledgeable lot.

Cheers

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

It's often a buffering problem. What model Pi is it? Always worked fine on my 3b. Have you got Picoreplayer and Squeezelite installed?

I'm Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    It's often a buffering problem. What model Pi is it? Always worked fine on my 3b. Have you got Picoreplayer and Squeezelite installed?
    It's a 2 that I've kindly been loaned, I now have a new 3b that I'm just waiting for the HAT to arrive for, so I'll then have my own kit.

I'm hoping I can swap the SD card over when I move to the 3b, I have Picoreplayer & Squeezelite set-up. Or would it be better to reformat the card and start the install again from scratch.

Fingers crossed that switching to the 3b sorts it.

Being a bit of a cheapskate I'm having to wait for the HAT having (stupidly) bought from China rather than IOAudio - not my best ever decision!!

I'm Lawrence.

There may also be some settings in the player that set the buffer size but I've never looked at that. One thing I would know how to change would be the streaming or playing sample rate to 16/44.1, do you know how to change the settings?

I've transferred SD cards between Pi's and it works fine, saves all the reconfiguration.

(Actually just seen you're using MP3 so sample rate shouldn't matter but still worth a go as it might be trying to allocate memory to a (not needed) buffer. I'm just making this up now mind you.)

You could always put screenshots up of the settings, I might spot something.

I'm Martyn.

Thanks for the help, I could try adapting buffer settings, as a test and so I've learnt some more.

I can see the relevant sections on the Pcp menu, but unsure what precisely to type, would appreciate tour guidance.

Thanks

I'm Lawrence.

Just an idea try sysdefault:CARD=... Instead of hw:...

I'm Martyn.

Thanks for the help, Tidal working fine now as I swapped to the new RPi 3B+ to test.

Still waiting on the new Digi HAT to arrive. Just a thought, do you think the RPi 2 would work on Tidal if using a Digi HAT instead of a DAC HAT, or would the same buffering limitation still apply?

I'm Lawrence.

Oh good I've only ever used 3s and it's always been fine. Except occasionally recently, which I've put down to the internet getting iffy with all the demand.

I'm kenny.

Thanks for help! I fix this problem right now

I'm Lawrence.

Do you mean you've already fixed it? Would be good to know how.
    In answer to the question about DAC/Digi hats, I can't see how one would solve the problem if the other doesn't as it's an issue with the Pi setup (I think).

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast