+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: SUT to suit Denon DL103

I'm Surayne.

Default Wanted: SUT to suit Denon DL103

I’m looking for a step up transformer for my second system which will go between a standard DL103 and a World Audio Phono 3. Budget is around £200. There is a small chance that I might use it with a 103R instead so adjustable loading would be ideal but not essential. I'd be particularly keen on an older Puresound T10 (mk 1 with the dial on the back rather than switches).

I'm Geoff.

This Fidelity Research FRT-3 is still available I think: https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...arch-FRT-3-SUT

It's perfect with the Denons and sounds amazingly good.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm ahto.

I have a Beyerdynamic SUT (1:15) bought on this forum (together with a DL-103R) which I no longer need.
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm Surayne.

Now sorted with a T10, thanks for the offers.

I'm Mark.

The key for the 103 is primary winding inductance.
    Hopefully it's more than 2H , otherwise the bass will suffer.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The primary winding inductance for the Haufe T-7883 transformer is ~ 1H (actually it is quoted as an impedance of 6.8 kOhm at 1kHz, which translates to an inductance of 1.08H. I have ignored the winding resistance as it is much less than the inductive reactance).

The coil resistance of the Denon 103 is 40 Ohm, placing the low frequency -3dB point at 6.4Hz.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread