+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WANTED: Valve Phono Stage MM

I'm Nat.

Default WANTED: Valve Phono Stage MM

I'm looking for a Moving Magnet Phono Stae to loan or try before I buy. I'm not in the financial posistion to make a mistake by mismatching my Solid State with a valve phono stage but would really love to try one out it's a scratch I've wanted to itch for a while now.

Perhaps it's a bit of a long shot but if there are any kind hearted AoS members with a Moving Magnet phono stage lying dormant I'd be very grateful indeed for the chance to try one and fully intend to buy the correct candidate if for sale.

I'm using a Mk1 Musical Fidelity V LPS and V PSU at the moment so something that could offer a better or just different presentation would be ideal.g

I'm David.

What's your budget? I have a few options you could try. A top quality demo unit of my LCR that's not a million miles from you in East Sussex and I'm sure could be available for safe pick up.
    David

I've recently bought a Remton 383 (mm only) from audioemotion to use with my Goldring 1022 and it's fantastic! I can recommend audioemotion who will let you try at home before buying and are absolutely no hassle to return equipment if not suitable.

I also had an Audio Note Phono Se which was wonderful and an Art Audio valve phono which again was lovely.

I had an EAR 834p which people love but wasn't for me but that could well have been my system at the time rather than phono stage.

Just some thoughts.
    Last edited by scotty67; 08-04-2020 at 20:28.
    Kev.

I'm Nat.

Thanks Kev,
    I'll look into those.

I'm Nat.

BUMP

+ Reply to Thread