+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: Head TX4 step up transformer

I'm Colin.

Default Wanted: Head TX4 step up transformer

Looking for the old Head TX4 if anyone has one.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin151 View Post
    Looking for the old Head TX4 if anyone has one.
    I do, feel free to make me an offer, and I will consider it.
    Regards Neil

I'm Colin.

Thanks for the reply Neil,
    I bought a TX4 on this very forum about 3 years ago for £400 but sadly had to sell it on due to job loss a year later. £400 was pretty cheap for one. How does £550 sound?
    Did you upgrade to something else? I’m wondering what other options there are which are comparable. I think the S&B TX103 based step ups and some Japanese ones might be comparable but I’ve never tried any of those.

Cheers
    Colin
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    I do, feel free to make me an offer, and I will consider it.

I'm Neil.

Thanks for the reply Neil,
    I bought a TX4 on this very forum about 3 years ago for £400 but sadly had to sell it on due to job loss a year later. £400 was pretty cheap for one. How does £550 sound?
    Did you upgrade to something else? I’m wondering what other options there are which are comparable. I think the S&B TX103 based step ups and some Japanese ones might be comparable but I’ve never tried any of those.

Cheers
    Colin
    That's fairly light in reference to recent selling prices. Its an extremely good, somewhat rare step up, and if I was to part with it, it would be for market value, because getting another would not be easy to do.
    Regards Neil

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    That's fairly light in reference to recent selling prices. Its an extremely good, somewhat rare step up, and if I was to part with it, it would be for market value, because getting another would not be easy to do.
    Ok that’s fair enough. Let me have a think. I’m also trying to find out what other alternatives there are now as although the TX4 is a high end step up it’s 35+ years old now. Its the only decent step up I’ve tried before but I know that there are quite a lot of others available nowadays. I once spoke to TDP about the Tx4 and he said he used copper only as he didn’t like silver or SPC. Are you using something else now?

I'm Neil.

Ok that’s fair enough. Let me have a think. I’m also trying to find out what other alternatives there are now as although the TX4 is a high end step up it’s 35+ years old now. Its the only decent step up I’ve tried before but I know that there are quite a lot of others available nowadays. I once spoke to TDP about the Tx4 and he said he used copper only as he didn’t like silver or SPC. Are you using something else now?
    No, its in my collection.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread