+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Luxman DA 06 DSD DAC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Eamonn.

Default Luxman DA 06 DSD DAC

Has anyone ever heard the above mentioned Luxman DAC? Quite tempted by it. Currently own a RME ADI2 which is excellent for the money, but only a fraction of the cost of the Luxman.
    Mac
    Accuphase C2420 pre P4200 poweramp, Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Sonos Connect, Innuous ZENith MKIII, RME ADI2, Harbeth 40th anniversary SHL5 Plus

I'm Carl.

I have owned one for the last 5-6 years. I first heard one at an Audio show in Tokyo when they launched in an all Luxman system and was blown away by it. Some years later, when my chance came to buy a used one on a trip to Tokyo I jumped at the chance and have been delighted with it ever since. It replaced a Cyrus DAC X+ at the time and was a significant upgrade for me. I also own both a Chord Hugo 2 and a Naim DAC / XPS and its the Luxman that retains pride of place in my main system. Absolute battleship of a DAC too. I love mine and have no plans whatsoever to change it.

I'm Eamonn.

Quote Originally Posted by fordy View Post
    I have owned one for the last 5-6 years. I first heard one at an Audio show in Tokyo when they launched in an all Luxman system and was blown away by it. Some years later, when my chance came to buy a used one on a trip to Tokyo I jumped at the chance and have been delighted with it ever since. It replaced a Cyrus DAC X+ at the time and was a significant upgrade for me. I also own both a Chord Hugo 2 and a Naim DAC / XPS and its the Luxman that retains pride of place in my main system. Absolute battleship of a DAC too. I love mine and have no plans whatsoever to change it.
    Thanks for the feedback, may I ask what else is in your main system?
    I've been offered a part ex with my RME ADI2 DAC and will probably take the plunge.
    Mac
    Accuphase C2420 pre P4200 poweramp, Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Sonos Connect, Innuous ZENith MKIII, RME ADI2, Harbeth 40th anniversary SHL5 Plus

I'm Eamonn.

Quote Originally Posted by fordy View Post
    Hi, can I just ask, do you use the XLR connection for yor source unit, or just phono.
    The reason I'm curious is that I've noticed when I play my CDP/Sonos/server through the 06 the music is quite a bit quieter than if I play my CDP directly through my amp. I'm using digital XLR to DAC from CDP and two balanced XLR's from CDP to amp.
    Hope I haven't confused you too much.
    Cheers
    Mac
    Last edited by macspur; 21-05-2020 at 22:33. Reason: correction

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by macspur View Post
    Has anyone ever heard the above mentioned Luxman DAC? Quite tempted by it. Currently own a RME ADI2 which is excellent for the money, but only a fraction of the cost of the Luxman.
    Mac
    how do you find the rme adi2
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Eamonn.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    how do you find the rme adi2
    It's really a great DAC, like I say for the money it's excellent. I'm probably not even getting the best from it as I can't see so unable to fiddle around with all the different settings.
    It replaced an Audiolab M DAC+.
    Mac

I'm Grant.

It's really a great DAC, like I say for the money it's excellent. I'm probably not even getting the best from it as I can't see so unable to fiddle around with all the different settings.
    It replaced an Audiolab M DAC+.
    Mac
    cheers.. its on my list as a possible..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Eamonn.

Took the plunge! ordered the DA 06 DAC today, hopefully here by the end of the week.
    Mac

I'm kev.

Took the plunge! ordered the DA 06 DAC today, hopefully here by the end of the week.
    Mac
    Have you sold the AD12 ? I have a mate on the lookout for one.
    <a href=http://s36.photobucket.com/user/lauren1809/media/33A4D3D2-B423-47CD-BC7D-AC331E29C355_zpsj2tyfozt.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e12/lauren1809/33A4D3D2-B423-47CD-BC7D-AC331E29C355_zpsj2tyfozt.jpg target=_blank>http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...psj2tyfozt.jpg</a></a>

I'm Eamonn.

The DA 06 DSD DAC arrived this morning... won't say too much about the SQ yet, other than it sounds very good, cold, straight from the box.
    I didn't realise quite how big it was going to be, had to order a new shelf! A beautifully solid excellently well engineered piece of kit, on a par with my Accuphase amps I think.
    Back later on more about the sound.
    Mac

+ Reply to Thread