+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help needed.Unison Research 845 fuse

I'm Steve.

Default Help needed.Unison Research 845 fuse

Can anyone give me advice on how to change the fuse on my Unison Research smart 845 monoblock power amp please. Or point me in the direction of someone able to repair such a beast. Many thanks.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

You will likely need to take the cover off mate, assuming it isn’t the fuse on the IEC inlet. I had similar trouble with my S6, kept blowing a fuse every few weeks. I replaced it with a slightly higher value and it’s been fine since. Don’t do this u less you know what you’re doing all!

If it’s an internal one Steve, if you feel comfortable doing so, take the cover off and see if you can see any blown glass fuses- Some may be in vertical black holders that you untwist the top to remove
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

When I’m home this evening I can post some pics of mine so you know what you are looking for.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm David.

Make you wait at least ten minutes after switch off for the caps to drain before taking the bottom off
    David

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Even then I wouldn't be touching owt willy nilly.... Having to take panels off etc to get to a fuse should tell you all you need to know if you aren't confident....

I'm Steve.

I swapped the fuses from the other amp I to the none working amp ant It's fine. I have ordered some new fuses from Amazon.

I'm mick.

PM'd you Steve
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

+ Reply to Thread