+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Innous and Chord onwner looking for more performance

I'm Tony.

Default Innous and Chord onwner looking for more performance

For those of you folks using either of these high quality digital audio brands:- Innous streamers or Chord Electronics dac's and are currently looking at upgrading to the m-scaler. Or looking to bring the performance of your Innous streamer up a notch of two with their Phoenix.

Then we have a genuine alternative solution for you that could get you to your audio nirvana a little quicker and for less outlay. With performance as with least equal to (or in some cases greater) to the m-scaler or Innous Phoenix re-clocking device.

The Mutec MC3+USB is re-clocking unit that not only accepts USB, but SPDIF/BNC/Toslink and AES3 signals as well; and can convert these incoming audio signals to any of the following digital audio formats as outputs AES3/BNC/SPDIF/Toslink.

So no longer having to use USB as an input format if you dac has balanced or BNC as well! You can use this freely as well as reaping the benefits of having an excellent re-clocking feature that really can deliver a positive marked improvement in may systems.

It also demonstrates a true work clock out facility based on the native incoming digital audio data stream frequency. The unit is also Roon ready and can handle DoP/DSD upto 256.

Mutec Information

The Mutec MC3+USB costs is £875, or £625 if you do not require the USB option.

Why not take the Pepsi challenge the last m-scaler owner were quite shocked at the positive difference it made over his m-scaler with his own equipment and cables.

Give us a call to arrange a demonstration of what Mutec products can bring to your system

For those looking to really extend the benefits of digital audio then why not complement the MC3+smart clock USB with the Ref10 master word clock this can be used to slave the MC3 to really deliver high quality digital audio on a new level.

Ref10 Information

Coherent Systems Customer feedback

https://coherent-systems.co.uk/contact-us

Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm James.

That is certainly a lot cheaper than the m-scaler. Is it as good?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Tony.

Jumbo

The technology between the two devices is quite different. The m-scaler uses a custom re-sampling algorithm which up samples incoming digital audio data to 768Khz over individual left and right data lines The m scaler performs it clever trick using PFGA's and utilizing a one million point filter to obtain its results.

The Mutec MC3+ smart clock uses a different approach based on ultra accurate Unique, bit-transparent Re-Clocking without conventional sample rate conversion for purest sound quality a simpler approach yet more than effective in audio replay improvement

The Mutec also makes USB format sound incredibly listenable coupled with the ability of having a top quality format converter to enable the full use of most dac's with fully balanced digital inputs.

A few if the possible benefits that can be obtained with the Mutec MC3+usb smart clock:- sound stage depth and width, improved musical flow and sense of ease, bass texture and depth plus lower floor

Review 1

Review 2
    Coherent Systems

I'm James.

Thanks for posting the reviews Tony. A very interesting piece of kit and having heard what the m-scaler does with DAVE, the Mutec MC3 although taking a different approach looks like it delivers an increase in digital performance from any DAC hooked up to it and at a reasonable price!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Tony.

Hi Jimbo

You are correct it delivers quality upgrades with pretty much all dac's personally I use one as well as a ref 10 in my system. We also use them in our recording studio as well.

We have loan units available for those wishing to try one.

Oh they measure very well and sound rather good to.
    Coherent Systems

+ Reply to Thread