+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speakers advice please

I'm Rohan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Normally you'd pick the speakers to match the room and then the best amplifier that can drive them with the sound you like in your budget.

What size room have you got?
    Lawrence is spot on. If you have a connection with the DM2 (which I quite understand, as I have a pair myself), don't let the amp determine their fate. Speaker choice is a very personal thing- generally amps come second in the great hifi hierarchy....I'd be more inclined to swap amps.

Also, in this time of isolation, amp-swapping is far more possible!

I'm Grant.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

If he decides again to sell these, then nab them if u can.
    Great, neutral, easy to drive big gala and will be OK in a smallish room I'm sure, even tho they are big
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nigel.

I agree with Grant. I use a pair in a small listening room and they work very well indeed, plus Nathan is just up the road in Yate.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by VanDerGraaf View Post
    Lawrence is spot on. If you have a connection with the DM2 (which I quite understand, as I have a pair myself), don't let the amp determine their fate. Speaker choice is a very personal thing- generally amps come second in the great hifi hierarchy....I'd be more inclined to swap amps.

Also, in this time of isolation, amp-swapping is far more possible!
    Forgot to mention I've had 3 pairs in the past They were probably my favourite vintage speakers of that period, better than any Kefs I tried, but then I've never owned BC1s, Rogers monitors etc.

Actually if you like DM2s that might be the road to go on. What were those bigger Rogers ones LS something, I forget the model, but well worth buying if you can find a pair (might be a bit above the budget though).

I'm Julie.

They do look beautiful someone knows the specs? I looked online but couldn't find it :-(

I'm Julie.

I love the Dm2s but lacking a bit on the bass for me and I would like more of an open sound

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie8113 View Post
    They do look beautiful someone knows the specs? I looked online but couldn't find it :-(
    If that's the ones I mentioned they are super efficient and even a little t amp, or a valve set amp will drive them well. Think sensitivity is about 96db
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Julie.

This is where my understand of speakers is limited - I don't fully know what sensitivity means. I understand wattage

I'm Grant.

They don't need many Watts to drive them loudly. They will get too loud long before your amp runs out of power.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie8113 View Post
    This is where my understand of speakers is limited - I don't fully know what sensitivity means. I understand wattage
    A QUAD 606 would drive Edingdales no problem at all. They are very sensitive/efficient and an easy load.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast