+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speakers advice please

I'm Julie.

Default Speakers advice please

Hi All,

I'm looking to replace my B&W Dm2. I have the Celestion Ditton 66 in mind but I'm open to other ideas.

I hope you can help.

Thank you
    Julie

I'm Timothy.

Any particular reason why you want to change? Only curious here, as I would say if they are working fine, and you otherwise like the sound of them, keep them and enjoy them! I think in some ways I am becoming a tight wad in my aging years...
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Julie.

I don't think I will ever be able to sell them - we have a connection but I bought a quad 606 with the 44 preamp a couple of weeks ago and feel I need a different set of speakers.

I'm Timothy.

Nothing wrong with that "connection", I too have had a few of those over the course of time! As to the Ditton's and your new Quads, I will leave that for others to comment on, as I really have no clue how that combo would be! Have fun and enjoy your tunes and new gear!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm neil.

I know nothing of Ditton 66s - however there are many on here who like them particularly "the all seeing eye" I'm sure they will respond - maybe you could put Ditton 66 in the title

This might help
    https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...ghlight=ditton

I'm Julie.

Thank you for your help.

I'm not 100% sure about the Ditton 66s. I'm looking for people to give me advice on the best speakers to use with the quad. it would be great help.

Thanks

I'm Grant.

You maybe need a budget
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Julie.

Hi Grant

Yeah I do my budget is between £500 and £900.

I'm Lawrence.

Normally you'd pick the speakers to match the room and then the best amplifier that can drive them with the sound you like in your budget.

What size room have you got?

I'm Julie.

The room is 4m x 3m. It is small but it is not forever

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast