+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap weather for April

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Gorgeous day here in mid Suffolk, tidying the house this morning then our one piece of daily exercise round the fields and back through the village. First barbecue of the year (in fact first one since we moved here late September) and then lit the Chimnea to toast marshmallows and daughter got her telescope out to look at the moon and stars. Amazingly mild evening for April. Now back inside and kids safely tucked up in bed. The world is a very worrying place at the moment, just trying to take it a day at a time and make the most of every one. Stay safe everyone.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    As if! Nah, I did start to do a reply, then the battery died, then I went to bed, then the message timed-out, then I forgot what I meant to say anyway, then I went about my day

Anita doesn't just make cakes, she does all the cooking. The baking is just an extra thing she's took up this last few days for something to do. She plans to make some smaller cakes tomorrow, and my plan is to spray paint them silver, drill a hole in the bottoms and sell them as record clamps - God knows I could do with an alternative income to tide us over till June

Picnic didn't happen today, weather wasn't to our liking what with all the wind. Looks nice and warm at your gaff, but you're helped by having that semi-enclosed space by the back door for your table etc. We are a lot more open and exposed here, so I'll wait for a more settled day (prob Tuesday).
    Good stuff, daftee. However, that's your fault for using a bloody phone! I post from a laptop, which is nearly always connected to the mains, and so flat batteries are a rarity... Glad to see that Anita also cooks proper food, so it would be good to hear about some of her 'creations' in that area instead

I'm not really a cake person, so cakes don't interest me much! I also feel the same towards most pastry-orientated savoury dishes. I guess it's an Italian thing, as we don't tend to eat much of that stuff.

Gotcha about the sheltered vs. exposed thing, and yes you're right, which is why we love that particular part of the house, as it's cosy and nicely secluded, and so we have all of our meals there when it's nice outside

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Good stuff, daftee. However, that's your fault for using a bloody phone! I post from a laptop, which is nearly always connected to the mains, and so flat batteries are a rarity... Glad to see that Anita also cooks proper food, so it would be good to hear about some of her 'creations' in that area instead

I'm not really a cake person, so cakes don't interest me much! I'm also the same with most pastry-orientated food. I guess it's an Italian thing as we don't tend to eat much of that stuff.

Gotcha about the sheltered vs. exposed thing, and yes you're right, which is why we love that particular part of the house, as it's cosy and nicely secluded, and so we have all of our meals there when it's nice outside

Marco.
    Yeah I would too, if we had a spot like that.

And I don't post on my phone, never have, wouldn't know how to. Also having thumbs the size of baby's fists texting is a real chore, avoided whenever possible. My laptop is getting a bit long in the tooth and the battery only runs for an hour or so. I should plug it in, but I'm sat here and the socket is all the way over there. I could probably do with a new one, but I have a long list of 'nice to have' wants, and a lap top hasn't even made the bottom of that list yet.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

I'm not really a cake person
    Marco.
    Didn't think you were What does a cake person even look like? I've seen gingerbread men, do they look like that?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    Also, and i've just remembered there was a tiny pub in Tattingstone (the orange box?) that i had a few pints in once and only once. I recall being so drunk i couldn't ride my FS1E home and had to stumble home instead, in fact i seem to remember waking up in a field.
    Good days.
    The Orange box Tiny pub, only went in there a couple of times (to my regret). Long gone, knocked down and a couple of houses built on the plot
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yeah I would too, if we had a spot like that.

And I don't post on my phone, never have, wouldn't know how to. Also having thumbs the size of baby's fists texting is a real chore, avoided whenever possible. My laptop is getting a bit long in the tooth and the battery only runs for an hour or so. I should plug it in, but I'm sat here and the socket is all the way over there. I could probably do with a new one, but I have a long list of 'nice to have' wants, and a lap top hasn't even made the bottom of that list yet.
    Lol - you do know you can buy new batteries for laptops, without having to replace the whole thing? Unless yours is truly prehistoric! It doesn't say 'Bedrock Inc' on the back, does it?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Well I call it a lap top because that's wher it sits, as I don't have a desk for it. Apparently very popular in it's day, the Commodore 64k

No not really, it says on it Samsung Notebook HomeSync X4 Quad-Core, none of which means anything to me. I didn't know you could just put a new battery in it, so that's good, good enough to put it near the bottom of my list, nudging new bags for my work hoover into last place

T'other system:

A/V:

You should be able to, as long as the laptop itself hasn't been discontinued. Basically, batteries 'tire' after having been charged and recharged a certain number of times, and then get to a point where they no longer hold their charge properly, which seems to be what yours is doing.

Where did you buy your laptop, PC World? If so, phone them up, or perhaps a smaller online computer retailer, which sells a lot of Samsung products, and ask them

This is another area where we're different, as if that were happening to my lappy, it'd bug me BIGTIME, so I'd have to sort it, ASAP.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

You should be able to, as long as the laptop itself hasn't been discontinued. Basically, batteries 'tire' after having been charged and recharged a certain number of times, and then get to a point where they no longer hold their charge properly, which seems to be what yours is doing.

Where did you buy your laptop, PC World? If so, phone them up, or perhaps a smaller online computer retailer, which sells a lot of Samsung products, and ask them

This is another area where we're different, as if that were happening to my lappy, it'd bug me BIGTIME, so I'd have to sort it, ASAP.

Marco.
    No it all goes back to one particular area where we're different, that is that you can afford to meet all these things head on, whereas I can't. Absolutely everything has to be evaluated on a cost v importance level, now more than ever.

But I'm still smiling because I've learned not to let anything bug me BIGTIME, not even having to explain why I've not sorted the battery already

T'other system:

A/V:

Lol... You may be right! But, I've always been the type to be bugged if things aren't just how I like them

Especially anything involving my laptop, which is used more than anything else!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast